Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSM Draft League - Possible New GW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Who's a Gooner then? :p
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    -- Manager -- | -- Team -- | # | ---- GK ---- | ---- DEF ---- | ---- MID ---- | ---- ATT ---- | ---- WC1 ---- | ---- ----
    |
    | --- |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    7. 12gauge_dave|Bayern Munich| # | W. Szczesny | G. chiellini | C. Fabregas | W.Rooney | Y. Toure
    |
    | --- |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    -- Manager -- | -- Team -- | # | ---- WC2 ---- | ---- WC3 ---- | ---- WC4 ---- | ---- WC5---- | ---- WC6 ---- | ---- WC7 ---- |
    |
    | --- |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    7. 12gauge_dave|Bayern Munich| # | J.Rodriquez | J.Wiltshire | L. Koscielny | T. Walcott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Who's a Gooner then? :p

Ya im a big gooner wish I hadnt missed ramsey but 8 cant win them all:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Nice pick Maldjd! Zouma kinda slipped under the radar there!!

Anyway, the pick got to me just in time as I was just finalising a PM to GT so he can throw in my pick tomorrow!!

I'm happy to have finally got my back 5 sorted anyway! Only an attacking midfielder and a striker to choose now and the new look SL Benfica will be complete. Well, apart from the subs bench that is!

1016267_Sport_Lisboa_e_Benfica_-_SAD.jpg

Wilberto wrote: »
    Nice pick Maldjd! Zouma kinda slipped under the radar there!!

Anyway, the pick got to me just in time as I was just finalising a PM to GT so he can throw in my pick tomorrow!!

I'm happy to have finally got my back 5 sorted anyway! Only an attacking midfielder and a striker to choose now and the new look SL Benfica will be complete. Well, apart from the subs bench that is!

1016267_Sport_Lisboa_e_Benfica_-_SAD.jpg

Nah mate ... he was my second pick for both DR and the DC spot beside Kompany by the time I was looking to fill those ... but got the 2 lads I wanted so let him go to a man that I know will enjoy Zouma's youthfull exuberance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Christ this is sooooooo slow. Hope we get it finished tomorrow night, getting bored already!!

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Christ this is sooooooo slow. Hope we get it finished tomorrow night, getting bored already!!

Like I said, with games tomorrow it might move along a little ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

How my squad is shaping up so far.
    Originally wanted Veratti for the MC position beside Pogba but happy to slot Isco back there and play Coutinho in the AMC position.

Just need a centre back and a striker now :)

1016311_Chelsea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Any people have any thoughts on the playoff decision?

Would it be a good idea to generate the GW tonight? 2 full rounds of drafting left I suppose with it being a match day we can see how far we get tonight.

Just trying to pick a time where we wont be left waiting but also we can't waste time if we are still picking.

2 up 2 down sounds good to me. What's the starting money?

Would it be an idea to create tomorrow, that plus the day of no buyin will surely ensure the picks are complete

• Advertisement

Starting with £300 million.

Obviously empty squads.

2 up 2 down, with play off for 2nd promotion spot. My understanding it will be 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th.

Economy level up for debate, very rich or just rich?

No buying from unmanaged, player concerns on.

Squad cap of 33, we can review that at a later date.

I would be ok with 30 in the first squad and unlimited under 21, when they reach 21 they can't be put in your youth team anymore so it is a case of get rid of them or make room for them.

I will create it tomorrow I think.

Can you definitely have playoffs for a leqgue with only 8?

Starting with £300 million.

Obviously empty squads.

2 up 2 down, with play off for 2nd promotion spot. My understanding it will be 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th.

Economy level up for debate, very rich or just rich?

No buying from unmanaged, player concerns on.

Squad cap of 33, we can review that at a later date.

I would be ok with 30 in the first squad and unlimited under 21, when they reach 21 they can't be put in your youth team anymore so it is a case of get rid of them or make room for them.

I will create it tomorrow I think.

Brilliant idea!!! ... do you go by reaching 21 or when the game deems them ineligible for youth squad(end of the season they turned 21 in I think)?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Can you definitely have playoffs for a leqgue with only 8?

I posted a while back what SM say, and they mention that if you have 8 team divisions and select 4 up 4 down they there will be no playoff.

So I imagine as we are selecting 2 up, that there will be and it will work out as 2nd-5th.

That is how I read it anyways.

Brilliant idea!!! ... do you go by reaching 21 or when the game deems them ineligible for youth squad(end of the season they turned 21 in I think)?

From when the game won't let you have them in your youth squad anymore, easiest way to police.

Would be slight grace period to ship them or who they replace out, so best to have it that you need to have a maximum of 30 in your first team at the first game of every season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd be careful creating the game world too quickly tbh. I still think we're 2 rounds off being nearly ready to time it down to 2 days...

I'd be careful creating the game world too quickly tbh. I still think we're 2 rounds off being nearly ready to time it down to 2 days...

Yeah I am trying to work it out so we don't mess it up.

Will see how the picks pan out tonight.

I'd say wait until all the pics are done to be honest lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'd say wait until all the pics are done to be honest lads.

I'd say at the very earliest the beginning of the final round tbh.

Going to be interested to see who people go after for their 10 non-drafted picks tbh. Will there be bidding wars, battles. Will be straight up cash fights too, so do people blow their budgets to get a player? How far will they go at the risk of not being able to fill the rest of their squad with anything but kids :S

And who'll be the one idiot who accidently buys someone who was drafted :pac:

I'm not going to be blowing my budget on players tbh.

• Advertisement

I'd say at the very earliest the beginning of the final round tbh.

Going to be interested to see who people go after for their 10 non-drafted picks tbh. Will there be bidding wars, battles. Will be straight up cash fights too, so do people blow their budgets to get a player? How far will they go at the risk of not being able to fill the rest of their squad with anything but kids :S

And who'll be the one idiot who accidently buys someone who was drafted :pac:

Messi is mine.

:P

Come on Governor!

/Said in ye old English accent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Do we start with empty squads and have to buy the players we have drafted? Then use whatever is left from the 300 million to fill our squads?

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Do we start with empty squads and have to buy the players we have drafted? Then use whatever is left from the 300 million to fill our squads?

pretty much.

Guys,

I think if anyone reading this / involved in this GW commits to try and be online tonight we might get the picks completed ...

Personally I'll be online from 21:00 onwards, or once the little fella is gone asleep, which ever comes first.

And sure there's footy on the tele :D, eventhough that normally slows down the traffic here a fair bit :(

I'll be online and watching the match :)

Are we putting a time limit on this? Whatever about 10 or 12 hours but when it starts hitting 24+ we need to move on...

Anyone message The Governor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

maybe he has his reasons but i noticed he was on around lunchtime today and he was on at 17:00. he's logged into SM as well today.

• Advertisement

He might not realise it's his pick. I'll pm him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement