Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSM Draft League - Possible New GW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Soccermanager taking over or mod duties getting too much? :pac:

Might try FM again. Used to love it but it seems way over complicated now!

There was a recent thread in the FM forum saying the same thing. The guy wanted to go back to the simple enough games of old and not the ridiculously complex ones they're making now. So I made this suggestion to him:
    Wilberto wrote: »
    It sounds to me like champman0102.co.uk is your best bet. Championship manager 01/02 is now free to download (either there or from Eidos themselves as it's "officially" a free download). They also offer patches and data packs so you can update the database to the latest squads etc., and it's all free.

I actually downloaded this myself, and updated the database with the most recent packs, but I just had to delete it not long after (again) because it just consumes your evenings and weekends!

I'm sure I must have installed, and deleted it about four or five times now. It's currently off my laptop now but not even God himself knows how long for!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just installed Football Manager Handheld :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ye will kill me lads but ive decided to leave the game soccermanager in general. I was planning on waiting on for a season in this new gameworld but ive just lost interest big time.
    I know it makes things akward with the draft and that but im sure youll find someone to replace me. Apologies and goodbye to all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ye will kill me lads but ive decided to leave the game soccermanager in general. I was planning on waiting on for a season in this new gameworld but ive just lost interest big time.
    I know it makes things akward with the draft and that but im sure youll find someone to replace me. Apologies and goodbye to all

Pitty to see you go!

Are you sure you wont give this GW a try, afterall that is some arsenal based team you have built up there.

Failing the above, ctrl-alt-delete, I think modo(not his exact username - but I think he posted in the drafts thread) expressed and interest a few days back in getting in on this gig. Might be worth contacting him?

If whoever comes can get in to make the last pick and maybe let them review the 10 previous picks when all 11 rounds have completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

If 12gaugedave does not have a change of heart then we can see if anyone wants to take his team as is.

Shame to see you leave, and bad timing for the rest of us, but if you have lost interest it is understandable.

If we cannot find a replacement I think the only option is to put the players back in the pool but not to be drafted, and I will have to put the club in as unmanaged.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Serious lack of right backs left. Picking now...

Serious lack of right backs left. Picking now...

I am just ignoring the issue, fcuk defence,

I've gone with Barkley.

Only need a wide attacking mid now, and there is dozens left :P

Going to start up my list of other players I wanna bid on now :D

I've struggled with this pick for a while and have kept putting it back in the hope that some of my preferences would be gone and I would be forced to take a particular pick ...

As it turns out, 2 South Americans I was contemplating are still there, 3 Europeans, 2 Africans and 1 Asian are all still there...

And when I cant decide, I have to go back to my roots and go Belgian, which leaves a pick of 2 and one fella(ini) didnt set the world on fire this season so I pick ... A. Witsel

THIS CONCLUDES THE AC MILAN DRAFT PICKS :cool:
    Migniolet(90)

J. Cuardrado(91) -- E. Garay(91) -- Kompany(94) -- L. Shaw(88)

A.Thiago(91) -- A. Witsel(91)

R. Firmino(90) -- E.Hazard(93) -- A.Griezmann(91)

Lukaku(90)

Looks like I'll be availing of the 25% discount on 6 of my 11 picks,
    leaving 5 ( A. Griezmann, J. Cuardrado, L. Shaw, R. Firmino, A. Witsel) at full cost.

I would like the organizer and the uptaking managers below, especially those at clubs where my players would have ended up. :)
    -- Manager -- | -- Team -- | My Picks | Cont'd.
    |
    | --- | --- |
    1. KERSPLAT! | Arsenal | |
    2. Maldjd23 | Liverpool | Migniolet |
    3. Wilberto | SL Benfica | E. Garay |
    4. swoody | Manchester City | V. Kompany |
    5. Seaneh | Chelsea | E. Hazard | R. Lukaku
    6. Colemania | Atletico Madrid | |
    7. 12gauge_dave | Bayern Munich | A. Thiago |
    8. TheGunns | Real Madrid | |
    9. gerp99 | Borussia Dortmund | |
    10. The Governor | Barcelona | |
    11. GT_TDI_150 | AC Milan | |
    12. TSC | Juventus | |
    13. EB | Paris Saint Germain | |
    14. ctrl-alt-delete | Inter Milan | |
    15. jukebox2310 | Sporting Lisbon | |
    16. circadian | Manchester United | |

• Advertisement

Jaysus your a big fan of tables...

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Sirigu(91)

L. Piszczek(92) -- D. Godin (92) -- D. Luiz (92) -- A. Moreno (89)

M. Hamsik (92) -- S. Busquets (95) -- C. Marchisio (92)

L. Suarez (95) -- R. Falcao (94) -- S. Nasri (92)

Job done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

What's this about 25% discount?

circadian wrote: »
    What's this about 25% discount?

If a player is a free agent, then your min. bid is reduced by 25%.

So if a player is valued at 10m, then you only have to pay 7.5m for him.

And given the majority of big teams were taken and emptied for the draft, the majority of players being chosen should be free agents, meaning our initial budgets shouldn't take as big a hit as it would if all players were still attached to teams.

Excellent news!

I have pm'd MrBlobby as he had expressed an interest shortly after tupacs position was filled.

Will wait on his answer and if he decides against it, which is understandable at this late stage then I will send modo the same pm and proceed from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm in :)

So ctrl, is it a case of he pick the no.11 pick for his team and then when round 11 is complete he gets to swap out any for available ones or is he stuck with the arsenal muck :p he has

What position is up on the draft picks now?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    What position is up on the draft picks now?

Wild card so pick anyone, the order list is in the other thread :)

• Advertisement

I'm in :)

Thanking You :)

So with not too many left to pick and a few of them regular's would it be safe to set the Gameworld up this evening?

Going with 2 Divisions of 8.

2 Up 2 Down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

1017641_Manchester_City.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

1017643_Chelsea.jpg

Oldest player: Mangala 23 years old.

1017647_FC_Internazionale.jpg

Barkley is not very happy :D

Happy with mine though, I like your youthful approach Seaneh!

After we've picked all our players, will all the other players left be free agents?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

After we've picked all our players, will all the other players left be free agents?

The players from the clubs in the league will be free agents. Any team not in the league will have their players.

All the players that belonged to a club that are in the GW that were not drafted will be free agents.

Other than that it will be just dealing with externals when the GW opens to fill your squad up to a minimum of 21, so it will be hectic! :D

Game world takes about 24 hours to come back after you request doesn't it?

If that's the case, best submit it tonight!

• Advertisement

Submitted for Generation.

You are currently in position 1 in the Custom Game World creation queue. Up to 4 Game Worlds are created every hour between 09:00 and 20:00 Game Time (GT).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement