Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSM Draft League - Possible New GW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

If anyone else decides to quit i'll take their spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

at this rate we might have midfielders picked by tonight ....

I reckon its going lively enough to considers a second round of 4 drafts ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm working so it'll be late enough by the time I pick :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'm working so it'll be late enough by the time I pick :/

I'm on a ferry and the connection is shiiiiite so might be a while for me too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Interesting seeing who is being picked; there's still some big defenders left but some lower ones are getting picked. Wonder if it's cause they can cover multiple positions.

Also, +1 to growing the draft. I'd personally love to see our entire first 11 be draftees, since it pretty much guarantees everyone should get 11 90s (unless they choose 89s themselves)....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

why is there being a reshuffle? that's not how a draft works.

swoody wrote: »
    why is there being a reshuffle? that's not how a draft works.

Round 1 was random.
    Round 2 was a reverse to balance.
    Round 3 is random again
    Round 4 is a reverse to balance.

Over on the wrestling forum, we don't even bother with the reverse orders most of the time; over our 15 round draft, everyone averages out around the same.

(EDOT: Sorry, didn't realise this was the draft picks thread. Asking a mod to move to the discussion thread now).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Swoody has a point....
    The 1st round order will be randomly generated, the 2nd round will be the reverse of this. The 3rd round will be randomly generated, the 4th round will be the reverse of this. The 5th round will be randomly generated.

Interesting seeing who is being picked; there's still some big defenders left but some lower ones are getting picked. Wonder if it's cause they can cover multiple positions.

Also, +1 to growing the draft. I'd personally love to see our entire first 11 be draftees, since it pretty much guarantees everyone should get 11 90s (unless they choose 89s themselves)....

are we not picking 11?

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'm on a ferry and the connection is shiiiiite so might be a while for me too.

Ooi, go stand on the top deck, hold the phone in your left hand pointing it to the chimney stack while sticking your right index finger in your nose and dont forget to take off your shoes... you are bound to get decent signal then ... :D

oh and its your pick ;)

• Advertisement

are we not picking 11?

it was 5 pick but I agree with TSC, 11 draft picks would be the dawgs ....

the OP decided ...

round 1 is random, round 2 is reverse of round 1,
    round 3 is random, round 4 is a reverse of round 3,
    5 again is random

and apologies to Wilberto for chatting in the non chat thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

I'd assume doing another random generation the third round is to give everyone a good chance of being in the first few picks for at least some position.

It's a good and fair way IMO.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    it was 5 pick but I agree with TSC, 11 draft picks would be the dawgs ....

i wanted to play this as my belief was you'd draft your first 11. 5 is not a draft, it's just a filler.

the idea of a draft is to give everyone a fair chance, you don't need to mess with it.

well. if enough decide we draft all 11 I'm sure we will...

So ...

Add your name below and repost:

Only 5 draft picks
    ?

OR

First 11 in draft picks
    GT_TDI_150

but unless you allow to swap draft picks, it isnt a fair crack to leave it same for each round ....

poor circadian would get the sloppy left overs on each and every round then

he did set out his 'rules' in his initial posts

if i was in charge i would of designated a time to be online, if you didn't make it, no problem your just allocated the best available option in the position that's on the clock.

3 random draws and two in reverse, it's grand! Jaysus don't start messing with it now.

3 random draws and two in reverse, it's grand! Jaysus don't start messing with it now.

it's already a mess.... in my eyes it's a farce.

• Advertisement

it's already a mess.... in my eyes it's a farce.

What mess? Everyone is picking and getting on with it, you're making it messy.

Lucky enough that doesn't matter. Everyone else is happy the way it's going. Sure you fire up a gameworld there and do it your way, I'll stick with this one

if i was in charge i would of designated a time to be online, if you didn't make it, no problem your just allocated the best available option in the position that's on the clock.

Again using the wrestling draft as an example...

We have a 24 hour rule. Miss it once and you go to the back of the line and make your pick at the end of the round. Miss it a second time and you're spot is taken from you.

Wouldn't be allocating "the best available" as that would mean whoever is next might lose someone they want but can't pick not because the person was already picked but because they happened to be after someone who abandoned the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

I think its grand the way it is. Everyone has the chance to create a decent backbone then the rest is a free for all scramble.
    Drafting 11 players will take longer and probably take the excitement of a bidding war out of the process.

5 or 11 doesn't bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I set out everything in the first post.

We can change the amount of picks easily, we already had a bit of a discussion that we would see how long it would take to pick the first 5.

The original post is what I believed to be the fairest way, but obviously not everyone is going to agree.

We have already lost one and I'm thankful we have found a replacement.

It would be a shame to lose any more.

I am in a crap network area two hours from home so cannot be on at the moment, but we can easily change things that can be changed ( the first 5 rounds i'm afraid not) so anyone who wants to suggest things fire away.

What mess? Everyone is picking and getting on with it, you're making it messy.

Lucky enough that doesn't matter. Everyone else is happy the way it's going. Sure you fire up a gameworld there and do it your way, I'll stick with this one

i'll compromise on the rotation as you can draft up or down in real drafts (not a complete reshuffle) but we should do the starting 11 and introduce a maximum time you're on the clock

My personal opinion is random lists and reverse of these lists ... Ensures people get a decent crack at building an 11

Only 5 draft picks
    ?

OR

First 11 in draft picks
    GT_TDI_150
    Swoody

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Only 5 draft picks