Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Air Corps patches

• 02-06-2014 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Any collectors of Irish Air Corps patches here?

I've been collecting IAC patches for many years and have some spares available for trading.

I'm also interested in Irish Naval Service patches, Coast Guard patches, and some Army patches and vehicle decals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭The Dragon

Hi Silvera,

This forum can be slow in getting a response. Please post some items from your collection I for one would be interested in viewing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭danpatjoe

Hi Silvera,

While this is not a patch, it is probably something you would be interested to see.
    I was given this recently by a friend who knew I collected this 'sort of thing'. However I cannot find out much about it as no-one seems to have seen one before.

It looks to me like an Irish Air Corps pilot Wings badge, but I don't know of any in this size or that are made of gold.

It is extremely well made with great detail, hallmarked as 9 carat gold, with red and green enamel work (I cannot read the other hallmark stamps).
    It has the stamp of the 'Jewellery & Metal Manufacturing Company of Ireland' (37 Kevin Street, Dublin). As far as I can gather, this company ceased to exist circa. 1970.

It reminds me of a sweetheart pin, but I cannot find any reference to anything like this on-line, the closest I can find is a silver badge (Pilot Wings - pre 1994. same colour enamels and style) - see:
    http://www.irishmili...otwings_gen.htm

It is very small at 33mm from wing-tip to wing-tip, and I imagine, if this was a one off, custom piece, then someone must have paid well to have it made.

Hope you like it.

Regards - Dan

badge1.jpg

100_5312.jpg

100_5321.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shell9

Silvera wrote: »
    Any collectors of Irish Air Corps patches here?

I've been collecting IAC patches for many years and have some spares available for trading.

I'm also interested in Irish Naval Service patches, Coast Guard patches, and some Army patches and vehicle decals.

PM over your spares as I have and interest in the Air Corp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

danpatjoe,
    Thats a nice piece. I havent seen one like it before.
    I'm not a collector of such items, I concentrate mainly on flight suit patches.

Shell9,
    PM sent.

I've attached a pic of some spare AC patches which I have for trading (or sale). I've also attached a pic of Swiss Air Force patches I have for trade/sale.

Specifically I'm currently seeking -

15th Cadet Class patch
    19th Young Officers patch
    Naval Service Vehicle Decal

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shell9

Pm'd you Silvera, apologies for delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

hi great thread i have just started collectig in the last few year have a few army and a few IAC good to see another few like minded guys out there.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

anybody got any for sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭phaethon

Hi all,

Does anyone knows what badge is this (picked up from Dublin)? Looks like Dublin Coat of Arms castles + wings.

23978789931f8b_l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

phaethon wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone knows what badge is this (picked up from Dublin)? Looks like Dublin Coat of Arms castles + wings.

23978789931f8b_l.jpg

Dublin Gliding Club, perhaps?
    http://www.dublinglidingclub.ie/about-us/history-2/

Advertisement