Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pen Drive data recovery

Options
  • 02-06-2014 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good free Pen Drive data recovery software for a pen drive that's no longer being detected? A lot of stuff out there seems to be trial only.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I've used this before, although the caveats are it was on external drives (not pen drives) and through Linux.

It is fairly straightforward, just make sure to recover to another drive

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhotoRec

*edit*
    It appears to work with windows, up to windows 7 and should recover pen drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Appreciate the reply harney, I was hoping that I could get something with a GUI as it's for a third party overseas and I just know he'll baulk using the terminal window.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Lundar.

Hi Gadgetman,

I have used Recuva in the past to get files back from a SD card and usb keys. This sound like what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Well that just shows you where my head is at Lundar :D I soooo knew about this Prog and totally forgot about it. Talk about missing the obvious?

Thank you for the reminder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

http://www.pcinspector.de/Default.htm?language=1

I find recuva easier to use for recovering data from sdcards,
    never tried it on a usb drive, pendrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nitros7

Advertisement