Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint Garden walls

• 02-06-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Just finished plastering the garden walls. Body still recovering.
    But now it's time to paint the walls.

What would be the best paint and colour from a practical point of view.

Would white be ok from a dirt point of view.
    I did put some lime in the plaster to make it more workable but will this affect climbers?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭jesse pinkman

If you were into something a little more atmospheric than those modern plastic based paints like weathersheild then maybe lime-washing the walls might be a consideration, its soft & glowy, available in any amount of fine warm colours (mixed with ochers & earth pigments) & wears beautifully over time, + its quick to apply & easy on the Spondoolies.

• Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainwaterman

Just finished plastering the garden walls. Body still recovering.
    But now it's time to paint the walls.

What would be the best paint and colour from a practical point of view.

Would white be ok from a dirt point of view.
    I did put some lime in the plaster to make it more workable but will this affect climbers?
    Thanks
    You could have used a pre coloured render like K-Rend or Kilsaran render so that you wouldnt have to paint the walls.Its more expensive than normal sand cement render but its worth the extra expense.IMO white paint shows up bird poo no end.If you have a north facing wall then it also shows up moss and algae stains very easily too.Therefore Id go for a darker colour for your paint.Im about to fit natural stone cladding to my painted walls so that I never have to paint them or look after them again.

Advertisement