Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barely passing a subject

• 02-06-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

If you are just about passing a subject at higher ( I usually get 42 to 45 % ) is it a good idea to drop down to ordinary for the real thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

pass in higher level is better than a good grade at ordinary

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

pass in higher level is better than a good grade at ordinary

And a fail is worth nothing if I was to fail.

And a fail is worth nothing if I was to fail.

what subject is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

If you usually pass the subject at higher level why drop down? It would make more sense to put some last minute studying into the subject to see if you can raise your grade to a C.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

Subject is biology.

• Advertisement

Plenty of time between now and Biology. No reason you can't study for it that bit more and push your grade up

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Worried about this myself with English. if you don't want to repeat next year then maybe you are better off dropping down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

If you're dropping down at this stage be careful, the material for higher and ordinary can be different!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

I failed bio by 1 percent and i've been studying it like mad the last 3 weeks, if anything, the questions at Ordinary level are just as hard as higher, stick to higher, its what im doing

Advertisement