Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate biscuit cake - How do you make yours?

• 02-06-2014 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

How do you make yours? My cousin made a chocolate biscuit cake yesterday with cooking chocolate and golden syrup (bleurgh!!)

I always use ordinary chocolate (dark & milk) and condensed milk to make mine. I find it much yummier. Golden syrup makes me queasy, it's up there with sweet corn & offal, I can not stomach it. I can't figure out for the life of me, why most use golden syrup to make (or the majority of people I know). . . . :confused:

Is there any other condensed milkers out there? :pac: :)

What do you use to make yours? 20 votes

Golden syrup & ordinary chocolate
    0% 0 votes
    Golden syrup & cooking chocolate
    55% 11 votes
    Condensed milk & cooking chocolate
    0% 0 votes
    Condensed milk & ordinary chocolate
    5% 1 vote
    Other (comment below :))
    40% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Chocolate biscuit cake is so overrated, and overused - and it's not even cake.

Spotted dick 'n custard FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You should have posted this in the ladies lounge cooking forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I make rocky road instead, much nicer than chocolate biscuit cake, quicker too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,793 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Super-Rush wrote: »

Cakes & Bakes. But if the OP wants answers from AHers, best left here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Super-Rush wrote: »

Yeah but I'm not very good at cooking and I didn't want a backlash for being such a noob especially considering it's biscuit cake. :pac:

Ya don't even cook it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Mmm I make malteaser biscuit cake. Syrup and milk chocolate

You don't want a backlash, but you post here?
    The Cakes & Bakes folks are very nice & will be happy to gently point you in the right direction.

You don't want a backlash, but you post here?
    The Cakes & Bakes folks are very nice & will be happy to gently point you in the right direction.

Hi Hill Billy :)

I post here all the time, it's like my home on boards. I'm just looking for a general opinion but if you want to move it you can.

:)

You'd probably get better advice there. No offence, AHers. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Moved with redirect from After Hours (so for a while AH posters can see where the thread went and reply). Good luck! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You'd probably get better advice there. No offence, AHers. :o

"Better"...ah 'tis very subjective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I would never use cooking chocolate to make a biscuit cake or rocky road. I just feel it lacks taste. I have made biscuit cake using syrup and condensed and personally, condensed is far richer and tastier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I use ordinary chocolate, butter, golden syrup AND condensed milk. Super healthy!!

Yeah!!!! There's other condensed milk people. ^____^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Butter, golden syrup, coco powder, digestives for the base, and then dairy milk for the top. Delish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Butter, golden syrup, coco powder, digestives for the base, and then dairy milk for the top. Delish!

Exactly how i make mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Butter, sugar, egg, cadbury's drinking chocolate, 70% chocolate, rich tea, topped with more 70%. Sex in a parchment paper lined baking tin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Butter, sugar, egg, cocoa powder and broken biscuits - digestives or fruit shorties or even gingernuts, depending on the mood. Rarely put chocolate on it as it's like a dark, dense brownie with fantastic chocolate flavour. I bake with cocoa in preference to chocolate whenever I can. Old fashioned, that's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Liana*

I use the Odlums recipe, it's a golden syrup one, and I use good quality chocolate, and also throw in marshmallows and maltesers

Advertisement