Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swimming in sligo.

Options
  • 02-06-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I take the children swimming about twice a month if it's raining on a Sunday, that type of thing. I usually go to the sports complex but I've had enough- it's dirty, toilets and changing rooms stink and the water is freezing. Any other decently priced options about?

I remember going to cullenamore swimming pool as a child but a Google throws up nothing, I assume its closed...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Ya, the complex has gone downhill badly. They haven't even got a website to the best of my knowledge.

Obviously the manager couldn't care less about the place which is a pity because it was a wonderful facility and it's a shame that it doesn't meet its full potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Terry Wogans Inner Thigh

Henlars67 wrote: »
    Ya, the complex has gone downhill badly. They haven't even got a website to the best of my knowledge.

Obviously the manager couldn't care less about the place which is a pity because it was a wonderful facility and it's a shame that it doesn't meet its full potential.

Yes they have a fb page but updates are sporadic... Terrible spelling and grammar. I suppose they have the monopoly, which is a shame. I've found that the staff are very friendly, which is one good thing.

A facebook page isn't a website. Any business in this day and age that doesn't have a website doesn't really deserve any custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Not even a FB page but a profile - not very well moderated either as they keep getting tagged in spam posts: https://www.facebook.com/sligo.sportscomplex?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Carrick or Enniscrone is where we go the odd time we head swimming, I am 30 mins from Carrick so its worth the journey, family fun is 2-3 on sunday

• Advertisement

bennyc wrote: »
    Carrick or Enniscrone is where we go the odd time we head swimming, I am 30 mins from Carrick so its worth the journey, family fun is 2-3 on sunday

Hmm Carrick might be an idea,thanks! Will have to make to obligatary trip to qatwrworldd this summer too,just seen it's opened again. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

As a matter of interest, has anyone mentioned this to the canvassers when they were doing the rounds?
    This is something they have the power to change, unlike national decisions.

red sean wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, has anyone mentioned this to the canvassers when they were doing the rounds?
    This is something they have the power to change, unlike national decisions.

Never even thought of it. I'll definitely mention it to my councillor the next time I see him.

There is also the Avena complex in Ballisodare, it has a great pool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

zorro2566 wrote: »
    There is also the Avena complex in Ballisodare, it has a great pool!

Can you go into Avena on a casual basis or do you have to join the leisure complex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

And the hotel in rosses point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

You need membership for avena. The hotel in rosses point is great for kids the water is really warm changing rooms are warm and clean. You can buy I book of 5 swims for €20 I think haven't been in awhile but you used to be able to do that. Great value

sari wrote: »
    You need membership for avena. The hotel in rosses point is great for kids the water is really warm changing rooms are warm and clean. You can buy I book of 5 swims for €20 I think haven't been in awhile but you used to be able to do that. Great value

Great thanks. How big is the poolthere please?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

The clarion hotel is great too. I go there to the gym and swimming pool. You can stay in the pool whenever u want! The membership costs €90 though but I suggest ask staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

I visited the sports complex at the weekend, I must say it's hugely improved, the water was warm (!) The pool and toilets and showers were clean and I saw someone cleaning the changing rooms for the first time ever. I'll be retiring again soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I visited the sports complex at the weekend, I must say it's hugely improved, the water was warm (!) The pool and toilets and showers were clean and I saw someone cleaning the changing rooms for the first time ever. I'll be retiring again soon!

They still need to do something about the lockers though. It's getting a bit ridiculous. Oh and good luck on your retirement, hope it lasts longer this time :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

there was a new batch of lockers installed recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

What about the temperature in changing rooms? last time i was there it was freezing not easy with yourself and toddler to dry and dress

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

sari wrote: »
    What about the temperature in changing rooms? last time i was there it was freezing not easy with yourself and toddler to dry and dress

Twas much warmer, been there before with two children and freezing, but it was quite pleasant at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

it's not to bad.. in the men's there is an open air con vent which has air coming right from Alaska.... just stay away from that... they could do with an update.. but that doesn't stop me from going

Advertisement