Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting

• 02-06-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

At this stage I find myself waiting for Eoin Jackson to predict more things for my subjects, rather than studying different topics myself. Anybody in a similar position?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Only6days wrote: »
    At this stage I find myself waiting for Eoin Jackson to predict more things for my subjects, rather than studying different topics myself. Anybody in a similar position?

The dodgy music in his videos is enough of a reason not to watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

The fact he has predicted that photosynthesis won't come up as a long question is killing me because I actually spent time on it as I thought it was definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Shane15 wrote: »
    The fact he has predicted that photosynthesis won't come up as a long question is killing me because I actually spent time on it as I thought it was definite.

Same! it took me so long to actually understand it...but I think it will come up. Have hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Do any of you know how accurate his predictions have been in the past?
    I heard from a few people that his predictions in general in 2011 were way off the mark... I hope people aren't relying too heavily on him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Shane15 wrote: »
    Um ... he hasn't seen any of the papers, I promise you!
    dee_mc wrote: »
    Do any of you know how accurate his predictions have been in the past?
    I heard from a few people that his predictions in general in 2011 were way off the mark... I hope people aren't relying too heavily on him :)
    Quite variable as I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭caolan1996

just wondering if you have your exam neat and well layed out do u get extra marks or attempt marks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

caolan1996 wrote: »
    just wondering if you have your exam neat and well layed out do u get extra marks or attempt marks ?

no. but it will please the examiner and make their job a lot easier, and best to keep them on your good side

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Same! it took me so long to actually understand it...but I think it will come up. Have hope

I still have faith it'll come up. Was still a bit of a downer though lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭caolan1996

no. but it will please the examiner and make their job a lot easier, and best to keep them on your good side

would u say they might be a bit more lenient when marking if it was well presented because it would be easy for them to find the answers instead of looking for them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

caolan1996 wrote: »
    would u say they might be a bit more lenient when marking if it was well presented because it would be easy for them to find the answers instead of looking for them ?

No not really, its just that if your messy it could make you do worse. Like if youre messy and they cant read something you wrote you wont get marks for it. Neatness wont get you marks but its definitely the way to be! Everything helps in these exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Shauna1995

I'm not depending on his predictions just more so perfecting the topics he suggested but still being able yo talk about anything else which may come up.. My grind had a feeling that fungus could come up in biology so learn it just I case lads

Advertisement