Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to open water swimming, any meet ups?

Options
  • 02-06-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey all,

I've signed up for a few swims later in the year and finally figured out how to get my wetsuit on but my Open Water training buddy has gone and broken his wrist, can anyone tell me if there are open water swim meet ups in Dublin for non-triclub members where a newbie like myself would be welcome?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Not sure if there are any for non tri club/non swim Ireland members. Some people on here meet up. What level are you? Have you been in the open water?

If you're looking for some help I'd happily meet up with you and help you get to grips with the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the lady

Hey RacoonQueen, thanks for the reply.
    My swim level is medium in a pool, I'd do a km in about 25/30 mins. I haven't done a proper open water swim session in the wetsuit yet, I'd take a dip in the sea whenever I get the chance but am wary of tides/currents.
    I'd love to link in with you next time you're going out for a training swim.
    Can I PM you my number?

Thanks a mil

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Cool, give me a shout and we'll sort something out. :)

Advertisement