Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary parking permit/need a space Dublin 7

Options
  • 02-06-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've moved from Belfast to Dublin for the next month and rather stupidly have appeared to overlook the issue of residents parking permits. As residential streets in Belfast are nearly all free it was something I wasn't aware of. Anyway I'm staying around the Mater hospital (Dublin 7) and was wondering if anyone knew a way of getting a temporary travellers permit or something to keep me right for a month? All of the surrounding streets (that I can see anyway) require a permit or an extortionate pay and display. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I don't think there is a temporary system in place.

Also I seem to recall from a thread here in the past that to get a permit you had to have a Republic of Ireland registered car.

Can you look into renting a private space?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 matt92l

I imagine having a Northern registered car would be an issue for a permit. I'll have a look elsewhere for a private space, thanks for the help!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

matt92l wrote: »
    I imagine having a Northern registered car would be an issue for a permit. I'll have a look elsewhere for a private space, thanks for the help!

No problem at all :)

There is a websites that advertises spaces for rent, it's up on a sign by my office, if I remember I'll have a look and post it up for you tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Residential parking in Dublin does tend to be free. But the closer you get to the city centre, or to large facilities that would get a lot of non resident traffic (such as the Mater) the parking tends to be pay & display or permit parking. The Mater may not be in the heart of the city centre, but you can walk to it in about 10 minutes, so it would definitely fall into that category. If you decide to move a bit further out, going away from town & towards Glasnevin, or Phibsboro, you may be able to get some free residential parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

As a resident you can buy visitors permits. Details here.

http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/Parking/ResidentsParking/pages/buyapermit.aspx

• Advertisement
Advertisement