Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom F1000 Router

Options
  • 02-06-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have magnet broadband at home, but the router they provide is pretty poor. So I thought I'd borrow the f1000 from my friend and see would that work of the ethernet cable.

There's a direct ethernet Internet connection in each room. What settings should I enable for the router to work with the Internet or is the Internet connection through the WAN port not possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭swoofer

no not possible, put the magnet modem in bridge mode and then plug a lan cable into he wan port of eircom router. Or ask in another thread if its possible to use eircom router with magnet and you may get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

swoofer wrote: »
    no not possible, put the magnet modem in bridge mode and then plug a lan cable into he wan port of eircom router. Or ask in another thread if its possible to use eircom router with magnet and you may get lucky

Oh I've given up at this stage. Might try to bridge it, but it just looks far easier just to buy a proper router.

Advertisement