Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restricted Electrical Works

Options
  • 02-06-2014 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭

What exactly is restricted electrical works? This is the link to the cer website.

http://www.cer.ie/docs/000161/cer13147-restricted-electrical-works-decision-paper.pdf

From my reading of it restricted works only apply to a domestic situation. There are various reasons of why it was introduced and whatever they are its irrelevant now.
    I need to study this link more and one thing I have picked up on is can a non REC take a supply of a ring circuit to add an additional socket. Maybe there is more grey areas in this legislation and if there is would the CER do away with the fancy english and complicated wording and state it in simple writing.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

There are various reasons of why it was introduced and whatever they are its irrelevant now.

Exactly.

This thread is to discuss what work is covered by the scope of the Restricted Works, not the rights and wrongs of it.
    Just water tax, this legislation is now law and we all have to live with it now regardless of our individual opinions on it.

Secondly, no "disinformation" about qualifications as this just causes confusion.
    This legislation has nothing to do with qualifications or competency or lack there of.
    Qualifications, competency and experience remain as valid as they were before the legislation was enacted.

In short, no off topic posting.

Thanks, 2011

Advertisement