Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cz 452 lux, 50mm obj Scope, Medium Mounts?

Options
  • 02-06-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Will a X50 scope fit on a cz 452 lux with the rear sights removed with medium mounts or will the ramp be in the way and i have to get a pair of high mounts.Already have Medium Mounts coming with my nikko stirling scope!
    The high mounts would make it even harder to reach the middle of the scope!
    Also if i got the high see through mounts would it be a tight squeze to use the iron sights too with that x50 lense

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

1shot16 wrote: »
    Also if i got the high see through mounts would it be a tight squeze to use the iron sights too with that x50 lense

IMO you'll soon stop using the iron sights in favour of the scope, I've tried this before and went for lower mounts in the end. If I get a hankering for it I'll take the scope off but its a good while since I've done that.The 50mm will block off your rear sights. A scope starting with 3x power up will aford very close in shots and in fact at 6x you'll shoot everything in frount of you from 15 yards to 100 yards out.
    Will a X50 scope fit on a cz 452 lux with the rear sights removed with medium mounts.......

This will depend on the length of the scope and your preferred eye relief. If the scope is long enough you will be able to have the objective bell in front of the rear sight housing and the sloping contour of the barrel should accommodate the objective. If the scope is shorter and your short necked like me you may find the objective sitting over the rear mounts and a higher set of rings will be needed.
    Get the dimensions of the ring mounts (from the base (touching rifle) to the base of ring (touching scope) ) and add to half the tube diameter (1inch or 30mm). This answer should be more than 25mm (half the diameter of objective) plus a few mm for scope cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

It's not the power of the scope, but the front bell diameter that determines what will fit and what doesn't.

Most ~ x50 scopes I've seen are 34mm diameter in the main tube, too, so finding 11mm rings for that might make things less easy than you imagine.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Scopes a Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 4-12X50

Is the front diameter not 50mm then?

Its not long enough to clear the rear sights.I guess ill find out when i try to mount the scope!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Its not long enough to clear the rear sights.I guess ill find out when i try to mount the scope!

The glass will be 50mm but you have the housing of the scope covering it to account for too. the total diameter of my nikko sterling is 58mm.. Different brand mounts are different heights so medium in one brand may do but not in the other.
    Your best bet is probably wait and see if they fit or not.

tac foley wrote: »
    It's not the power of the scope, but the front bell diameter that determines what will fit and what doesn't.

Most ~ x50 scopes I've seen are 34mm diameter in the main tube, too, so finding 11mm rings for that might make things less easy than you imagine.

tac

He was referring to the 50x as the size of the front bell not the power so that wont be an issue..

• Advertisement

Oh i see no the main tubes 25mm or 1inch.Also 33.5 cm long

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Apologies, but x50 means fifty times magnification. If you'd quoted the first set of figures - 4-12 - which IS the magnification - I wouldn't have made the error.

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    Apologies, but x50 means fifty times magnification. If you'd quoted the first set of figures - 4-12 - which IS the magnification - I wouldn't have made the error.

tac

No bother should of been clearer in the first place

IMAG1101_zps50dd47fe.jpg

Here's a pic of two 50mm scopes both mounted on Brnos with high mounts.
    The longer scope has a 30mm tube the other a 1 inch tube. The 30mm one extends out in front of the rear sight housing while the shorter scope is just over the middle of the housing. Each scope has the same eye relief and each objective is roughly the same height over the barrel.

The bottom pic shows the clearance of the shorter scope over the rear sight housing.

IMAG1102_zps6ba40a32.jpg

• Advertisement

The guns in the dealers thats why im asking if i need high or medium mounts,The gun already has the iron sights removed but will be getting the irons too.
    I dont want to have to arrive home find the mounts arent high enough and having no money left as whatever money ive left will be spent on ammo.
    Thanks Cookimonster are you sure the mounts on the 25mm are high they look medium to me but i could be wrong.
    High Nikko Stirling mounts are only 15 euro.

I'm almost certain they are.
    The ones with the 30mm are 100% high as I had to order them specialy for the scope.
    Here's the problem, there are no exact dimensions for the height of mounts between manufacturers, and they measure thier heights from different ref points.

Here's a question to the other forum members, surely there's some one out there who has a CZ, with a Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 4-12X50 or similar who could shed light on this?
    This would save the chap some grief and possibly some money

cz 452 probally one of the most popular .22's in ireland (i know 3 other people with them out there) someone on here must have a nikko 4-12X50 on theirs or something similar

Nothing from my seaching google!

Id say its not looking good.

The medium nikko stirling mounts are made for 30-40mm objectives, If you have the front parallax you'll prob have a 60-64mm external diameter bell.

new-nmwm-mounts-new-measures3.jpg

A - 25mm
    B - 20mm (back to front)
    C - 15mm
    D - 5mm
    Suit from 30 to 44mm lens scopes
    On a 30mm lens scope using them will give you some clearance of the scope body over the rifle body. Handy if you are using a bolt action or there is an ejection port that needs some room.
    On the larger objectives the lens will be just above the gun body but you will still have some tube clearance if you have the bolt or ejection port needing clearance.
    If you need a lot of clearance go up to High profile mounts.

Sound for the help lads i may order the high nikko stirling rings then,

Ill have the medium ones and sure i can see how the medium ones fit,Even if they do the scope will be too close my face... long enough but not long enough to clear the rear sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I put a picitanny rail on mine and medium mounts with a 40mm objective. I love to use the iron sights so now i can take the scope on an off without much of a rezero. It gives e the option of using the sights on the rifle whenever i feel like which is quite alot.

Yeah id say the iron sights are nice to use,wouldnt mind em for plinking but the scope is a better option for me.

I found it hard reaching the centre of the scope on a 452 using medium mounts so im gona need a cheek pad riser that slips on and off

15 for mounts and another 20-30 for cheek riser that could be all my ammo money gone feck

Ive a set of high mounts to suit but the problem is they're missing one of the screws to attach it to the rail.

If you can find a spare screw to match you're welcome to them.

Having a quick search no spare screws,id say it would impossible to get a spare screw,thanks anyway for the offer lad :)

Having a quick search no spare screws,id say it would impossible to get a spare screw,thanks anyway for the offer lad :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/8pcs-Computer-Thumb-Screws-Black/dp/B00JVK6JR8/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401836457&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=m3+thumb+screw

• Advertisement

Shipping from china might take awhile.... might not look the prettiest eithier ...think ill get the nikko stirling ones or someone might have used ones on ebay,thanks again!

Seller swapped the medium ones for the high ones for free so thats the mounts sorted!

Thanks again garv for the offer :)

Advertisement