Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfway through the season!

Options
  • 03-06-2014 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

So continuing on with tradition, I thought I'd throw up some sort of review of my team this year!

Texans

In the offseason, I lost key man, JJ Watt to free agency. However, Aldon Smith is playing his part in filling in the hole left with 9 sacks for the season so far.

I also picked up Brent Grimes as he was released by the redskins, has locked down most receivers causing my 2nd string CB J.Joseph to see the ball more, leading to 7 interceptions!

I also picked up Gresham as a backup TR and a speedy running back and they both have worked out nicely!

Currently 9-0 in tough division but have played 6 CPU games so hasn't been a tough struggle apart from the human games!

Really happy with the offense, with Foster gaining 1,287 yards off 154 attempts, an average of 8.4 per carry! Also had 15 rushing touchdowns. Passing wise, very happy with bears trade and bringing in Brendan Marshall after losing Andre Johnson in the offseason as well. Marshall has 1,266 yards off 50 receptions, averaging 25.3 yards per carry!! 825 yards has also been split the rest of my receivers! The offensive line has been great as well, schuab only getting sacked 6 times. Speaking of schuab, only disappointment , more interceptions then touchdowns...nuff said

Defense is doing grand. 27 interceptions, 26 sacks and 13 fumbles! Still give up more yardage than I'd like, but in the overpowered offense, just can't be helped!

Overall, happy out but got a string of human games coming so let's see how those go!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pretty much where i expected to be, but happy to have beaten the Colts twice. Good win over the Pats but 2 tough losses against the Bears and Bengals that pretty much came down to clock management

Alex Smith has been awesome.. 2400 yards, 23 TDs and 11 ints
    Rushing game has been good, 900 yards for Johnson with 12 TDs. Green gets 150 yards and 3 TDs

Rookie Giovanni Aiken is tearing it up, 650 yards and 6 TDs with a KO return or 2. Wright is getting yards but not many TDs and Hunter is getting TDs but not many yards.

My TE thompson im happy with 4 TDs and nearly 400 yards, he's a big target.

My D doesnt have any stars, but my D line is getting in a consistent amount of sacks, my linebackers need to improve n the passing game though.

My secondary once they dont go missing seem to be able to pick the ball off.

Looking forward from my 6-2 record, i have 6 CPU games and 2 games against the Texans so looks like i'll finish 12-4, i would hope to beat the Texans in at least one game so hopefully 13-3.

The way things are shaping up...
    The Bengals, Browns, Ravens are all fighting for the AFC north title, however at this point 2 of those teams have the same record as the Colts.

I think i'll pick up 5th seed, but 6th could be anyone from the 3 in AFC north or the Colts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bengals 6-2

Defeat to the the Patriots was followed by a win against the CPU Steelers.

Heli's titans were next up and a game that went right to the wire ended up with an OT goal line fumble, fortunate recovery and TD.

This was followed up with a key victory over the Browns.

After the Bye I had a tough loss to Perrin's Chargers. Almost snatched a defeat with a 28 point lead against the CPU Cowboys. Managed 2 good wins agianst human opposition against the Eagles and Giants to set me up nicely for the rest of the season.

4-2 against Human opposition. Up next:

3 CPU games, then the Browns which will play a key role in deciding the division. Finish with CPU, Broncos,Redskins and Raiders.

Key performers:

Johnson: 1700 yards, 17 TD's, 17 INT's. Weird one. also has 142 yards rushing.

Bernard: 741 yards and 6 TD's/

AJ Green has 616 yards and 6 TD's, complemented by Bernard (215 yards and 3 TD's), Quick(458 and 4) and Eifert(302 and 3) so spreading it around quite well.

On the defensive side I've come away with 12 INT's and 6 Fumble recoveries.

Sheard,Atkins and Johnson have 18 Sacks between them.

All in all a solid enough campaign but could do with taking care of the ball a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints are having another good season thus far, currently 8-1.

As far as schedule goes, I've played 5 CPU games and had 1 sim, so it might be a bit of a misrepresentation of where I'm at this season. I've beaten the Seahawks and Falcons and lost to the Bears in human games. I do play 6 human opponents over the next 7 weeks mind so I'll know a lot more by then, with games against the Redskins, Buccaneers x2, Falcons, Giants and Chargers to come. That said, I should finish with around 11 wins, but will 11 wins even be enough for a playoff spot? Very difficult to say as 5 teams have 6-2 records thus far in the NFC.

My play style has changed a lot on offense this season after the retirement of my main man Darren Sproles, which I've been happy with. It's a much more balanced offense now, with Bray ranking 9th in the NFL for passing yards, joint 4th in passing TD's and has a 75% pass completion rate which is 4th best in the league. Despite not really feeling good about DeMarco Murray, he ranks 4th best in the league in rushing yards. So 9th in passing, 4th in rushing. Very good balance.

My defense is doing as well as a defense can in this edition of Madden IMO. I've allowed the least amount of points in the league with 121 overall. I've got 19 sacks which has me top 7, 18 INT's which is top 3, rank top 16 in pass defense and #1 overall in run defense. Very happy with it. The defense had me extremely concerned when I first chose the Saints back in September but if anything that has been my strong point with them.

As for top players, well Tyler Bray deserves a mention. 2,251 yards for 23 TD's and 8 INT's, a 129.4 QB rating. DeMarco Murray has 912 yards, averaging over 100 a game and 8 TD's. Demaryius Thomas has proven to be a great free agency signing, posting 10 TD's, 877 yards, averaging almost 100 a game so far. On defense, Junior Galette has 12 tackles for a loss and 5 sacks, while my LE Hicks is doing well with 7 tackles for a loss and 7 sacks. Free agency pick-up DeMeco Ryans leads the way with 36 tackles. While Greer and Vaccaro are my INT leaders with 5 and 3 respectively.

Overall, I'm very happy so far, but with so many tough human games to come it will be interesting to see how I do over the second half of the season.

Advertisement