Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Bins collection - Thorntons?

Options
  • 03-06-2014 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Is Thorntons picking up already brown bins in Charlesland? I left it outside for 2 times and it has not been emptied?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It's collected every second Thursday - so Thursday this week, then every two weeks after that. I am trying to work out if the €4.50 charge per lift is worthwhile...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

astrofluff wrote: »
    It's collected every second Thursday - so Thursday this week, then every two weeks after that. I am trying to work out if the €4.50 charge per lift is worthwhile...

If you fill the bin with wet food waste presuming a 140l bin you will be able to get c.70kg in the bin, at a disposal cost of c. €80/t it will cost them 5.60 a bin to dispose and that's before the cost to collect the waste.

Its a good price however only worthwhile if you can reduce your cost elsewhere and If you define worthwhile in monetary terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

astrofluff wrote: »

Agreed. I only found out by accident that there was a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

thanks for answer,

Advertisement