Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

adrian522 wrote: »
    Unless it's a dynasty or keeper league I don't see the point. He'll get a suspension from the NFL once his court case is decided.

He entered plea of not guilty. If he is found Not Guilty surely NFL cannot suspend an innocent man

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

He entered plea of not guilty. If he is found Not Guilty surely NFL cannot suspend an innocent man

Can't see him getting any playing time this season. Even if by some miracle he does then he's still wasting a roster space at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

Also he is possibly in trouble for weed and organising orgies ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I didn't know a plea had been entered. I thought that was still somewhere down the line. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Raoul wrote: »
    Also he is possibly in trouble for weed and organising orgies ha.

No weed won't effect him in league depending on what he tests t but may hurt if he was on bond release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

This weeks poser. Quick or Harvin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Deco99 wrote: »
    This weeks poser. Quick or Harvin?

Harvin for me, and I own Quick in my league. Seahawks are going to be a nightmare for the Rams.

I wouldn't expect a huge game from either, but Harvin always has the possibility of a home run running or catching.

Very frustrating owning Harvin. Love him as a player but for fantasy purposes he is a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

surely NFL cannot suspend an innocent man

haha. Gas

Tristram wrote: »
    Very frustrating owning Harvin. Love him as a player but for fantasy purposes he is a nightmare.

Even more frustrating now he's a jet. Picked up cecil shorts, might go with him as Quick against sherman doesnt entice me.

• Advertisement

He might perform better for fantasy purposes with the Jets. I won't hold my breath but it's not like he was lighting things up for me before now so will hang on a while longer and see what happens. He has been a permanent fixture on my bench for so long now I'm not sure the game will even let me play him.

Graham or Reed? Aghhhh

Glad I finally bailed on the Panthers DEF...

I've a trade proposal, Keenan Allen For Bishop Sankey? I get Allen. my current WRs are Tate, Sanu, Shorts, Quick, Megatron. Bernard and Mckinnon are my two Rbs so unless i'd be better with Sankey in the flex. I'm last in the waiver so, i need to trade to strengthen

Sankey is the future of that backfield imo, i'd not trade

Sankey is the future of that backfield imo, i'd not trade

He's got one more game in which to prove it, he's had the number 1 job for two weeks now and has been meh at best. I cant see myself starting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭Guffy

Should I ride the Matt Ryan train wreck today in London or make the switch to Teddy Bridgewater. If the Buccs weren't coming off a bye i'd prob just switch them out but I'm just a bit hesitant because of that.

That's a tough one. I think I'd prolly stick with Ryan because I trust what he has to throw too a lot more. On the other hand the Lions are likely to destroy what is left of his O-line and not give him any time to throw. Is there anyone you can pick up just for today?

Colt McCoy
    Zach Mettenberger
    Blake Bortles
    Geno Smith
    Austin Davis
    Derek Carr
    Kyle Orton

Pretty much the same as in our boards league (i'm gona ride him out there) I can't trust the mccoy/RG3 situation and who is mettenberger? after that I would be taking a fair auld punt on the rest i think

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Colt McCoy
    Zach Mettenberger
    Blake Bortles
    Geno Smith
    Austin Davis
    Derek Carr
    Kyle Orton

Pretty much the same as in our boards league (i'm gona ride him out there) I can't trust the mccoy/RG3 situation and who is mettenberger? after that I would be taking a fair auld punt on the rest i think

imagine gronks personality in a qb.....

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

I just........ I think I am retiring from Fantasy Football forever.

Boards team is gonna be 2-6. Auction team is 3-5. Work one is 3-5.

Only thing I am doing well in is the Boards PPR league. And I'm convinced it will go pear shaped for me soon enough.

wheaton can go **** himself

I'm 26 points up with jordy nelson left for my opposition. Do I go jimmy graham or jordan reed? Half hour to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Hi guys, looking for some last min advice before waivers.

I've only one choice between picking up Randle for Crabtree or Bengals Def for Ravens Def. Which has priority for this week only do you guys think?

Thanks!

Hi guys, looking for some last min advice before waivers.

I've only one choice between picking up Randle for Crabtree or Bengals Def for Ravens Def. Which has priority for this week only do you guys think?

Thanks!

Randle i would think, based on my league there is alot who will be looking for wide receivers due to bye weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I can't believe Randle is still available in 16 team leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Kelce @Jets OR Miller (pitts) @Baltimore

Who to go with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Mike Evans against the Browns or Michael Floyd against the Cowboys?

kev_s88 wrote: »
    Mike Evans against the Browns or Michael Floyd against the Cowboys?

Maybe floyd if romo is missing for dallas?

Would you start Tannehill @Detroit or Kaep @Saints?

I've been loyal to Kaep but i think il go with Tannehill , seems to be playing better of late

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    Would you start Tannehill @Detroit or Kaep @Saints?

I've been loyal to Kaep but i think il go with Tannehill , seems to be playing better of late

I would have said tannehill but espn experts have kaep at 11 tannehill at 16. A few reasons maybe, detroit are coming off bye week and have been pretty good this year in defence. Saints cough up chances and san fran are under pressure. Must win game. Chargers had an easy start so theyre quality overrated so too must miamis win maybe.

Detroit are the number one D in the league!! However, their run D is excellent so maybe that means Tannehill throws more but still I wouldn't be confident starting him.

Kaep it is...

Hey all,

Seeking some opinions from everyone enjoying the boards leagues. Not a situation I've faced this season but something that did crop up last season or the season before.

With the Thursday night games to make a trade happen and be able to use the player it needs to be agreed on two days beforehand with the current Trade Reject Time set at 2 days.

Is it a case of everyone should know the rule and be busting their ass to make a trade happen as early as possible, or, if a trade is agreed but won't process in time to be used is it okay to ask the GM to push it through? Or, could the Trade Reject Time be set for an even shorter period (I don't know what settings are possible)?

Is it something that's even worth talking about at all? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Had it pop up last year when I was a GM, consensus then was to leave be.
    A GM can't make an exception to the rules mid-season.

If you're trading for a player that's playing a Thursday night game, you're just in bad luck.

Definitely worth talking about but yeah I think if you are in need of a player from the Thursday night game then you should try and get the trade sorted in time that the vote can go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Well tbh, as a GM, and so long as it is done for everyone for the full year, I've no problem in pushing trades through for Thursday games. Because the major bottle neck when it comes to trades appears to be people not being all that active regarding fantasy football between Monday and Thursday and thus nobody having a hope of one being accepted in time whether its proposed Monday morning or not.

Of course, this all just depends on how active the league is but so long as the GM does it for everyone for the whole season then I see no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Well tbh, as a GM, and so long as it is done for everyone for the full year, I've no problem in pushing trades through for Thursday games. Because the major bottle neck when it comes to trades appears to be people not being all that active regarding fantasy football between Monday and Thursday and thus nobody having a hope of one being accepted in time whether its proposed Monday morning or not.

Of course, this all just depends on how active the league is but so long as the GM does it for everyone for the whole season then I see no problem.

Problem is that every boards league is supposed to run identical rules, so having one GM bending them goes against the charter.

Long term, I wouldn't mind reducing the approval period on trades across the leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMR141106/matthew-berry-love-hate-list-sleepers-busts-best-starts-sits-fantasy-football-week-10

Good read on Trades if anyone's interested

Must say I have seen quite a bit of the not-so-fun behaviour (unsolicitied trade offers, ridiculously one-sided trade offers) on the Boards leagues.
    No big deal really, but just makes it a little less enjoyable for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMR141106/matthew-berry-love-hate-list-sleepers-busts-best-starts-sits-fantasy-football-week-10

Good read on Trades if anyone's interested

Must say I have seen quite a bit of the not-so-fun behaviour (unsolicitied trade offers, ridiculously one-sided trade offers) on the Boards leagues.
    No big deal really, but just makes it a little less enjoyable for me

I think thats the key part. Its the trust that players in boards would do the honourable thing and not try screw someone else in their league to get ahead. We saw one unsavioury trade this year, but I think that wont happen again....

• Advertisement

Good share Rob. I actually agree with all of Berry's points in that article. I think it's a little different for us here on boards though as we don't actually know the other members of our leagues and there isn't the same level of social interaction as there would be in league amongst friends or workmates. It makes trading that little bit harder.

We saw one unsavioury trade this year, but I think that wont happen again....

Which trade was this?

yeah but people are always going to under value trades, what I hate about boards leagues there isn't ever counter offers. It's that trade is an insult begone for life how dare you not trade me you're top qb and next number 1 for it. there is no back and forth to get a trade done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Out of interest - I've just trade AJ Green for LeSean McCoy in my non-boards 14 man league. Taking into consideration both our teams who do ye feel came out the better in this trade.

I've been struggling all year at RB because Bishop Sankey is useless and Ryan Matthews has been injured most of the season. The FA are very tough for RBs and I've been close to the top of the league most of the season so I've struggled with Waivers when someone does end up there, as someone else always gets the jump. (waivers are done in reverse order of league standings)

So - good trade or am I an idiot ?:P

My Team
    327664.PNG

His Team
    327665.PNG

You

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

You did well IMO. The other team has really hurt its running backs by trading away McCoy. On the other hand, with Green gone you still have two solid wideouts in Macclin and Bryant, oh and Josh Gordon is back in two game weeks time in time for fantasy crunchtime.

Great trade to pull off IMO.

plus greene had that throwing to him last night.....where shady can always run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

You did well IMO. The other team has really hurt its running backs by trading away McCoy. On the other hand, with Green gone you still have two solid wideouts in Macclin and Bryant, oh and Josh Gordon is back in two game weeks time in time for fantasy crunchtime.

Great trade to pull off IMO.

This is exactly why I went for it tbh - I'm just waiting for Gordon to be crap though because he's not match fit though or something :o

McCoy has been decidedly average all year so wasn't sure if I was over spending for him considering the numbers he's put up all year - I know he's picked it up a bit in the last couple of games but isn't a shadow on the top 3 pick he was supposed to be this year.
    Whereas Green on the other hand is almost always a guaranteed 10-15 point a game guy.

It did make me feel a lot better this morning seeing Green with only the 23 yards :P

Wish I could count properly. Made a trade on Friday afternoon thinking it would go through in time for today (48 hours) but lo and behold it won't clear until tomorrow morning. Pain in the arse. :(

Choosing who start at flex between Percy Harvin and Martavis Bryant is proving troublesome.

• Advertisement

Tristram wrote: »
    Wish I could count properly. Made a trade on Friday afternoon thinking it would go through in time for today (48 hours) but lo and behold it won't clear until tomorrow morning. Pain in the arse. :(

Thinking about it more now, will it go through? Or does the two day trade reject deadline mean two full days i.e. trade accepted Friday 1500 (1500-2400 doesn't count), Saturday = Day 1, Sunday = Day 2?

Apologies for being a bit dim on this! :o

Advertisement