Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series of Gardai Raid in Waterford this morning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

The 40 arrests mentioned were previous arrests of members of this gang. It appears nobody was arrested today as it was an evidence-gathering operation, particularly with members of CAB present.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Deise Blu

The 40 arrests were made to date.. no one was arrested today to my knowledge. They were sitting in their gardens on deck chairs drinking mugs o tea laughing and joking about it.. These guys dont give a sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

name and shame them

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

name and shame them

No chance. Lets not go down this route. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Sully wrote: »
    No chance. Lets not go down this route. Thanks.

Would we be allowed to make up fictitious names just to keep things edgy ..... say for example ..... 'Nailer Capone' :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I wonder could we get pavee point on billy mccarthy this morning to have a chat? ? Probably not though we couldn't be upsetting people now could we :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

name and shame them

What club does Mark Hughes manage as I've forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

What club does Mark Hughes manage as I've forgotten!

Celtic striker ...? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Samaras?

Seems to have been purely an intelligence raid anyway, nobody taken it, no arrests. The rumour mill is starting to kick into gear though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

kryogen wrote: »
    Samaras?

Seems to have been purely an intelligence raid anyway, nobody taken it, no arrests. The rumour mill is starting to kick into gear though

Rumour mill? The dogs on the street know who these animals are. It's the same crowd of bowsies who are the cause of all the trouble in the town. Nothing will happen them, a file will be sent to the DPP & that will be that. Personally, I believe they should be gunned down. Every last one of them, men, women & children.

• Advertisement

No, not the rumour mill as to who is involved, other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

Motivator wrote: »
    Rumour mill? The dogs on the street know who these animals are.....Personally, I believe they should be gunned down. Every last one of them, men, women & children.

You need to reread what you wrote, if its true it makes you not just equally as bad but worse ... Hitler springs to mind!!! How can you generalize like that ???:mad:

You need to reread what you wrote, if its true it makes you not just equally as bad but worse ... Hitler springs to mind!!! How can you generalize like that ???:mad:

Because these animals children will grow up to be as bad, if not worse, than their parents. The guards in 10, 15 or 20 years time will have to deal with the same crap as they do now. How much did the raid cost the other day? How much for the armed response units? How much for the helicopters? How much for the overtime? Before you go & defend this scum, remember we as taxpayers are paying for all of this. If we killed them all right now then there'd be no need for expensive resources to be wasted on ***** like these in years to come.

As a taxpayer, a citizen of Ireland & a member of an online forum I can have any opinion I want. Whether you agree with it or not I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Motivator wrote: »
    Because these animals children will grow up to be as bad, if not worse, than their parents. The guards in 10, 15 or 20 years time will have to deal with the same crap as they do now. How much did the raid cost the other day? How much for the armed response units? How much for the helicopters? How much for the overtime? Before you go & defend this scum, remember we as taxpayers are paying for all of this. If we killed them all right now then there'd be no need for expensive resources to be wasted on ***** like these in years to come.

As a taxpayer, a citizen of Ireland & a member of an online forum I can have any opinion I want. Whether you agree with it or not I couldn't care less.

I agree. But they'll always be someone to defend these people

Pretty hard to claim the moral high ground alright

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I see the thread has already godwinned itself,

Guys, can I ask people to maybe to a step back and think about what they are posting?, Suggesting people should be gunned down is hardly a real life, helpful suggestion.

You can hardly claim the moral high ground when you are ok with killing people without due process,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

While i can see where Motivator is coming from, i have to agree with Cabaal here and let these situations be dealt with through due process. However, that is what's lacking in this country. It's not strict enough on criminals. This country needs tougher sentencing from criminal activities, and as such needs another jail. The over-crowding of current jails is a major problem and the cause of the rotating door that's currently going on.

But that costs money, which this country doesn't seem to want to spend on it's security at the moment.

We also need an overhaul of the judicial system, an ombudsman for Judges who make stupid, lenient decisions not in line with the law. Being honest, there should be a minimum for everything, and it shouldn't be left up to the judge to decide. Something similar to the 3-strike rule should be introduced, and the full sentence to be carried out, none of this early release crap.

Again, back to costing money, and this country won't spend it, so we're stuck with the current shambles we have.

It all comes back to money imo, can't afford to house them in prison. There will be other factors, other reasons given publicly I am sure, but at the root of it I would bet it comes down to money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just let the TV licence dodgers out - plenty of room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Cabaal wrote: »
    I see the thread has already godwinned itself,

Guys, can I ask people to maybe to a step back and think about what they are posting?, Suggesting people should be gunned down is hardly a real life, helpful suggestion.

You can hardly claim the moral high ground when you are ok with killing people without due process,

If your computer had a virus, you would remove it?
    If there was dirt on your kitchen floor you would clean it?
    If there was sh*te on your boot you would wipe it?

• Advertisement

If your computer had a virus, you would remove it?
    If there was dirt on your kitchen floor you would clean it?
    If there was sh*te on your boot you would wipe it?

Definitely the same as

If you don't like your neighbour would you murder his children

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Definitely the same as

If you don't like your neighbour would you murder his children

Literally the worst comparison ive ever heard on boards.

Here we have a gang that want to be the Waterford version of the Dundons. How much do you think they have cost Limerick so far? Look what they have done.

Literally the worst comparison ive ever heard on boards.

Here we have a gang that want to be the Waterford version of the Dundons. How much do you think they have cost Limerick so far? Look what they have done.

Meh, you haven't been here that long, stick around you might even hear worse.

You think murdering kids and families is justified here, well, that's your own lookout I suppose. Happy hunting.

You think murdering kids and families is justified here, well, that's your own lookout I suppose. Happy hunting.

Do you think these People would think twice about doing harm to you if you got in their way/failed to pay them back etc? These people have literally zero regard for anybody. If they did, they wouldn't pride themselves on ruining the lives of others. They have no regard for the law or for society in general. **** them, **** them all. I

I hope there's a day when we all wake up & we can get along with our neighbours :-)

You fail to see that you would have become the thing you hope to wake up and find doesn't exist anymore in the process.

How can you talk about regard for the law/society when you would advocate murder? Honestly.

Edit: I will also add that "this type of human" is also in control of some of the biggest corporations on the planet, there is such a thing as white collar crime also, lives are ruined by that too. Should we kill every accountant who has bankrupted a client and his family? Every elected official who has made a dirty deal that has ruined countless lies? Every head of a company who destroys anything in its path to profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

fcuk it let's kill everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have to say after living on Limerick for a while a few years back there definitely was a feeling of too little too late in relation to their problem up there.

This was at the time that there were usually helicopters in the air every night and brawls in town once a week.

Oddly the only Quango with teeth seems to be the CAB.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 spikadelica

Unfair to label CAB a quango, it is a dedicated unit tasked to attack the monetary benefits of crime. If only our judiciary were as hell bent on solving our crime family issues when the courts offer them the opportunity, we might see a few more of these charming individuals behind bars. The CAB has dealt with some of the countries most notorious crims at the level it hurts them most ... money. A quango implies that it is an organisation stuffed with unsuitable political appointees, similar to say Irish Water.

CAB has had some good success it must be said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I hate these illegal money lending scum preying on the weakest in our society. They will probably get away with a slap on the wrist as well.

Advertisement