Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series of Gardai Raid in Waterford this morning

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One the radio now - "being held at various stations across Waterford" presumably that refers to the county then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

mike65 wrote: »
    One the radio now - "being held at various stations across Waterford" presumably that refers to the county then!

Could be Garda station, bus station, train station, fire station, first aid station and a petrol station???

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Swinng

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

Any update on this were all arrested and free or is there DPP pending

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

shebzie wrote: »

Theyve all got starring roles in My Big Fat Gypsy wedding series 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Don't know the exact update, but 99.9% of the time they would be released on bail and a file would have to be forwarded to the DPP for directions, which could take anything from a month to 6+ (including preparing the file). If they were charged, then the Gardaí have 42 days to get all the evidence and statements together for court, so charging usually only happens in straight forward cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

From what I've heard they are still harassing and intimidating people.

They have neither fear nor respect for the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

It's tippacle the person don't pay there tv licence and all guarda stops for smaller thing it's the likes of them people get locked up but for something as big as that and there still at it makes me think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It's tippacle the person don't pay there tv licence and all guarda stops for smaller thing it's the likes of them people get locked up but for something as big as that and there still at it makes me think.

That's a hell of a sentence chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

What happened out in Ballybeg last night I heard their were some assaults??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

longshanks wrote: »
    That's a hell of a sentence chief.

I actually tried to say it as written and ran out of breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

The word is that 3.of them have gone on the lam,because the paperwork the guards seized in the raids is very damming and if convicted under the orgainsed crime act,sentence's are 10 yrs and up.

Advertisement