Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUNIORCERT. ENGLISH TOMORROW! 2014

Options
  • 03-06-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

For English p1 how long does your speech or short story have to be?
    And p2 which is the one I am dreading:/
    For my studied drama I studied "the merchant of Venice" any idea of what is most important to know as in character/dramatic scene/relationship!
    And the same for my studied fiction which is "roll of thunder hear my cry "
    Please help if ye can!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

The essay should be between two and three pages depending on your handwriting. Remember that there isn't any set length that the examiners are looking for, they mark it depending on the quality of the piece.
    For studied drama/fiction you should know at least one character very well, you should know a key scene in detail, you should know the beginning and ending of the book/play and you should be able to write about a key theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 peterod1998

For the Merchant of Venice you should probably study Shylock or Antonio, the Court Scene and the themes like revenge, money, love, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daisykarmass

I'm doing Romeo and Juliet <\3 I'm doing roll of thunder too... I think Cassie would be a good character to pick, she's develop throughout the play seen as she is the protagonist..... Roughly how many quotes do I need for higher level ??? God so scared ;(

Advertisement