Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English essay question?

• 03-06-2014 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

quick question: I'm a bit of a colour coordination freak, so i was wondering if it's okay to put quotes from macbeth or the poetry for paper 2 in a different colour? As in it's not frowned upon or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 b3rnade11e

I think you would be okay,in fact it makes it easier for the examiner to see them,so I guess maybe even a good thing to put the qoutes in a different colour. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Don't use red / green, these are the colours for different levels of correctors, and it just makes it easier for marks to be overlooked in the final addition.

If you wish to use (say) blue / black, why not?

Will it not just delay you though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

My teacher advised against it. Wastes times and in his own words said he as a LC examiner would find it childish and unnecessary :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lee711

okay so that's a no go... I just hate looking back over the booklets and not having anything stand out, it just makes the whole thing look bland

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jimmy diesel junior

Most importantly, good look with your exams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement