Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im loving that longevity meter.

Great addition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Downloading it now. Looking forward to playing it i'm glad they released a demo i was on the fence about getting it when it comes out but the demo should give me a good feel for the game

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Very disappointed that this isn't making it's way to the PC, I'd have loved to have given it a go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Played it this morning.

Not a fan of the controls. There are just far too many for me.

If you can get over that hurdle, i'm sure it'll be great.

The animations and gameplay from what I experienced (in the demo) were ace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Those tutorials look great. I didn't look at the submission ones though, as I'll be knocking everyone the f*ck out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I had to turn it off during the tutorials. It was getting annoying. The controls are far too complex. They really need to simplify the controls.

The game looks great and I really want to buy it however the controls have now put me off the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I had to turn it off during the tutorials. It was getting annoying. The controls are far too complex. They really need to simplify the controls.

The game looks great and I really want to buy it however the controls have now put me off the purchase.

I think if EA simplified the controls, it would promote button mashing IMO. I was playing one of the THQ UFC games earlier today. You could simply headkick someone/knee or elbow in the clinch/button mash until you got a flash KO, no skill involved.

Hopefully this will be an improvement...still waiting for demo to download :rolleyes:.

I think if EA simplified the controls, it would promote button mashing IMO. I was playing one of the THQ UFC games earlier today. You could simply headkick someone/knee or elbow in the clinch/button mash until you got a flash KO, no skill involved.

Hopefully this will be an improvement...still waiting for demo to download :rolleyes:.

Agreed, however I think there should be a fine balance between the two.

I really don't want to be fighting and thinking what was attack no.23 again. I was hoping for a more intuitive system.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I like how there are complex controls, means not everyone will be an instant expert and the gameplay will have some depth. Ive seeb some brilliant moves and some crappy moves. That wwf suplex happens way too much, same with all the spin moves but I'm sure the devs just want it to be exciting.

I might be playing this more than watch dogs for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

I really don't want to be fighting and thinking what was attack no.23 again. I was hoping for a more intuitive system.

That's exactly how I feel. I feel myself having to think about the combinations required to do certain things way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Fairly disappointing its set to easy mode. Can't really get a feel for the A.I and it's far too easy to dominate the ground game and get up from a takedown.
    Got one of the lads to play 2 player and he's even worse than the easy A.I so that was no help.

Its a decent game but I prefer the stand up from Ea sports mma and I miss the ability to follow up with quick punches when you knock your opponent to the ground from standing.
    Managed to pull off a superman punch off the cage it looked fairly savage, the kicks are well done the way they seem to catch off the shoulder on the way down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ah now you're exaggerating a little :P
    There's about 8 different punches and 8 different kicks you can throw. It all depends on which bumper button you're pressing and which way you're holding the analog stick.

Personally i think they've hit a perfect balance. They've made it impossible to spam punches, which was a big problem in every MMA game.
    That's exactly how I feel. I feel myself having to think about the combinations required to do certain things way too much.

But you're supposed to think about you're combinations. If you just go in swinging like mad, you're just going to get KO'd... just like in real fighting.

When a game forces you to think before you act, thats always a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

far to complexed for my mind :L and im only young, I'll still pick it up though I enjoy these types of games to take my mind of them fps mindless shooters

What was that move called in WWF where 1 guy would swing the other around by the legs, think I unlocked it in the demo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The controls tutorial is a bit of a whirlwind. A lot to take in, and afterwards whenever I was clinched or takedown I was completely screwed and had no idea what to do.

In three attempts only made it into round 2 once. Must watch those tutorial videos above and give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its pretty easy to win , Just stand up and throw superman punches they fall pretty easy after that not overly impressed with it , Very same as the last generation games

Its pretty easy to win , Just stand up and throw superman punches they fall pretty easy after that not overly impressed with it , Very same as the last generation games

Well its fixed on easy mode (not sure of the devs reasoning on that, encouraging rock em sock em) but devs said the ai has been tweaked and won't be so aggressive in the full game and will be more defensive with parrys and dodges. I think all those flashy spin moves will be rare on higher difficulties and online as they are easy to parry. Parry counters do some amount of damage so rock em sock em types will get ko'd quick. I'm just using the demo to practice my moves in all different positions getting ready for the full thing. One dev said he cringes when seeing the ai in the demo as they act very differently in the full game. Will wait and see I spose.

Submission system is brilliant and choking people to sleep is satisfying as well. 28 subs including the twister, subs will be with spending time on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This is the first title that I noticed (through Digital Foundry comparison video) actually looks better on Xbox One than PS4, looks way more colourful...

EA Sports UFC demo: PS4 vs Xbox One Frame-Rate Te…: http://youtu.be/-_dswcPBa38

That being said, the controls are a bit much for me to take in....

Great tips and hints page on the EA site including full controller maps for all moves in different positions. Learned a few things myself! I'll have to print it out and keep it beside me until I learn them all

http://www.easports.com/ufc/tipsandtricks

eas-ufc-controls-ps4-01.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I found the controls far too much to take in. I know MMA is obviously alot more complex than Boxing, but is there really any need to have so many modifiers for punches/kicks? Would it not be better to just have light/heavy attacks, but then have all the different modifiers based on how close or far you are from your opponent? Also the need to hold R2 and either Square/Triangle to block feels so wrong.
    It jsut seems a bit too complex for a game that is pretty much a 'having a few beers and a laugh' kinda game like the Fight Night games.
    I think i played about 10-15 games of it yesterday, Jones beat me in all but 2, and almost always beat me by a flash KO. Yet i could pummel him with devastating kicks to the head all day long and hed weather them like a little girly love tap

What I fear for this game is that the learning curve is too steep.

In match making you want a large pool of people to draw from so I hope this game sells well. Maybe they should have made a special controller for the game.

Well the online mode checks your Belt level and only puts you against similar skilled players in rank mode so only white belts fight white belts.

Apparently Career mode has drills and gets you to practice moves. Will be doing that before going online to get my ass handed to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Surely the controls should be fairly straightforward? All you need are three keys:
    1. Knock the opponent to the ground
    2. Hug them like a teddy bear
    3. Roll around on the floor for the next four and a half minutes

(Runs from thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Reekwind wrote: »
    Surely the controls should be fairly straightforward? All you need are three keys:
    1. Knock the opponent to the ground
    2. Hug them like a teddy bear
    3. Roll around on the floor for the next four and a half minutes

(Runs from thread)

Sounds a lot like Rugby League

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bow001

On the fence about getting it my self got the demo still undecided about it they have simplified the controlls but there still very to get the hang off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The controls are not too complex for me, they are absolutely necessary to ensure the game isn't boring as **** after two weeks.

The previous UFC games were dumbed down, and crazy fun for the first week, but then you had seen and done everything. The learning curve will be steeper than most sports games but that is to reward those who get deep enough into it.

I've spent a few hours on the demo and the local multiplayer is just absolutely brilliant. Looking forward to playing some of you online, especially if you filthy casuals don't bother to learn the ground game :p

I Think the filthy casuals won't even get to the ground when they are button mashing. A few nice parrys and dodges well ko the gassed out bastards fairly quick. Im the same as yourself, the amount of moves means it will take longer to master the game and give it longevity.

Im watching vids of people playing it at e3 and its just button mashing which is fine for people who want a quick mess about. Cant wait to play against someone proper who will duck, parry, clinch and takedown. Mikey are you on ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah I agree with you on that. Had a mate over last night who didn't have the time for the controls, so we agreed to keep it standing and had outrageous fun beating the **** out of each other. Last weekend had a chance to have a proper game against someone who also has the demo and it was also great fun and really rewarding. Win-win.

Advertisement