Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I deleted the demo today because i was playing it too much. :pac:

It'll be good fun online.. especially now that i have the submission system mastered! No one will want to take me down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Blobby, when you are defending subs do you swing the analog stick like a mad man or hold one direction until it gets blocked?

I haven't played local multiplayer yet, only got the one joypad so online should be interesting for a while.

Its really crap you can't hold a private tournament.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Blobby, when you are defending subs do you swing the analog stick like a mad man or hold one direction until it gets blocked?

I usually pick a corner and stick to trying to fill that side up.
    But i'll keep my opponent guessing by switching constantly but still always trying to focus on one specific corner.

Example.. Lets say I decided to focus on the left side. I'll be constantly switching sides to keep my opponent guessing, but still focusing more on filling that left side.

Cheevo trophy list is up

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/ea-sports-ufc/achievements/

One is for getting through a championship (10 fights in online) winning only by subs. :O

The online ones might be a balls to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Cheevo trophy list is up

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/ea-sports-ufc/achievements/

One is for getting through a championship (10 fights in online) winning only by subs. :O

The online ones might be a balls to get.

There's a trophy for getting into the hall of fame on the hardest difficulty, good luck with that!

• Advertisement

There's a trophy for getting into the hall of fame on the hardest difficulty, good luck with that!

challenge-accepted.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone played it yet? impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I played it for a bit earlier. I'm enjoying it but there is a steep learning curve (as expected). I might start career again on an easier level just so I can concentrate on things like submissions.

What I dislike are the short videos with Dana White etc. etc. telling me how great I'm doing when clearly I'm not doing that great just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Aw man paying for each weight is gammy haha but you can unlock both royce and bruce by completing career mode.

Plus preordering in xtravision gamestop smyths and online gets you bruce as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Getting my hands on a review copy of this tomorrow, can't wait. Really looking forward to career mode and hope the gameface is decent. Xbox One gamertag is the same as username on here if anyone wants to add for a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Played it for a few hours last night. It's visually impressive. Takes a bit of gettin used to. Haven't started career mode yet. Disappointed with the lack of game modes. Single fights or career mode only. Couldn't see an option to use licensed fighters in career albeit you can use Bruce Lee.

Yeah, 2 of the biggest complaints mode wise is no Tournament mode and no real fighters in career mode. Does anyone know what online is like? I read you do like a FIFA seasons thing where you get promoted to different belts but I also read there is a tournament mode online?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah, 2 of the biggest complaints mode wise is no Tournament mode and no real fighters in career mode. Does anyone know what online is like? I read you do like a FIFA seasons thing where you get promoted to different belts but I also read there is a tournament mode online?

Yeah the Championships mode is basically Seasons from FIFA. You have 10 games to get a set amount of wins to win the belt and there is promotion/relegation. It's a fantastic method for creating even fights if you play enough.

Not sure on online tournaments although I'm nearly certain I saw something there.

The digital version on Euro PSN seems to be pre-downloading now and unlocked tonight at 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Dunno whether to get this now or wait a couple of weeks til my birthday in hope some of the bugs, if any are patched.

Still have a bit if Watch Dogs to play thru in the meantime......and the World Cup is taking up a lot of my free time at the moment too :-)

Anyone else get this today but didn't receive the bruce lee code off xtravision? They told me the email could take 48 hours but I'm sceptical.

Other then that the game is brilliant. Best next gen game I've played yet.

Anyone else get this today but didn't receive the bruce lee code off xtravision? They told me the email could take 48 hours but I'm sceptical.

Other then that the game is brilliant. Best next gen game I've played yet.

Yeah told me the same.
    I never pre-ordered though.

Ah ok not just me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Where is the cheapest Place to get this on the PS4 folks?

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »

Its 65 in xtravision, not sure about online.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

bigron2109 wrote: »

If you have a decent enough connection it's $59.99 on the US PSN store which you can buy using vouchers from Amazon. Should work out at around €44.

Have put about 8 hours into this now. Really impressed with it. Once you get a handle on all the different controller modifiers you'll be motoring. Game face is pretty rubbish tho. Make sure you do all training challenges before taking yourself online. Or you will be waking up to the smelling salts.

Worst use of gameface ever, apparently devs are looking into it, my guy came out looking like an alien. Fought a fellow boardsie last night over 2 seasons of a rivalry, great craic altogether. Its class how you can pick you want and still get a fair fight, its not all jones, cain, etc.

Tried career then on hard, couldn't even win the elimination fight after 6 goes! Don't want to drop to normal though.

Ah Haha Haha yeah its shoite looking alright. Even the hair style I chose doesn't look the same. Hopefully it's sorted soon.

Haven't even started career mode yet myself. Lookin forward to getting stuck in.

Ah Haha Haha yeah its shoite looking alright. Even the hair style I chose doesn't look the same. Hopefully it's sorted soon.

Haven't even started career mode yet myself. Lookin forward to getting stuck in.

I wanted to go with muay thai but it looks like ghe kickboxer has better starting stats in all areas. I couldn't see the Clinch section, might have missed it. When you start career, stay away from the ground until you have your sub defense up.

I wanted to go with muay thai but it looks like ghe kickboxer has better starting stats in all areas. I couldn't see the Clinch section, might have missed it. When you start career, stay away from the ground until you have your sub defense up.

I've been staying away from the ground in general unless I've been rocked. Gives ya chance to clear your head. Tryin to master take down defence to negate the online wrestlers. Seem to be doing well in that regard. Some of the ko's are lethal.

It took me 2+ hours to upload this vid, have 6 more but all longer so will try put up another one during the week.

This one was my first fight online against the fellow Boardsie the Notooooooorious Axweeeeeeelllll

Classic fight between Chuck and Shogun and finished just like it should be :D

I have another vid of us fighting as Barao and Korean Zombie, was an epic fight, will try upload that next.

Sheehy83 (Chuck) vs IrishWolverine (Shogun)

• Advertisement

Some more vids between myself and Boardsie Axwell. In other news, I finally beat TUF on Hard mode, starting my UFC career now. Wanna stick at Hard mode, I have a feeling it will make me better for Online.

Advertisement