Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Poetry!

Options
  • 03-06-2014 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have studied In Memory of my Mother by Patrick Kavanagh and also an Irishman Forsees his Death.. will this be enough? And if not, can someone recommend some easy poems to learn now? Panic mode!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

I have studied In Memory of my Mother by Patrick Kavanagh and also an Irishman Forsees his Death.. will this be enough? And if not, can someone recommend some easy poems to learn now? Panic mode!

mid term break-seamus heany

• Registered Users Posts: 14 juniorcert101

what will mid term break cover that in memory of my mother wont? genuine question

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

You're probably good (I've done 2 aswell) but he wishes for the cloths of heaven is a good one to do if you wanna :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

what will mid term break cover that in memory of my mother wont? genuine question

I don't know that poem but here are some notes
    http://elessarsc.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/mid-term-break-seamus-heaney/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 juniorcert101

thanks all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Does It Matter by Siegfried Sassoon is quite easy to learn and it's very different to the other ones you mentioned. It's good to have a variety

• Registered Users Posts: 32 peterod1998

A war poem is usually a good one to do, I did "Base Details" by Siegfried Sassoon

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Dulce et Decorum Est is a good poem for war, imagery and powerful thoughts/feelings/message.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 peterod1998

Dulce et Decorum Est is a good poem for war, imagery and powerful thoughts/feelings/message.

Ah yes, I studied that one too

Advertisement