Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with browsing a webpage

Options
  • 03-06-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I am having a complete airy brain moment. I've never had to ask for help with viewing a website before.

I'm recently unemployed and looking for jobs in the Intreo catalogue. Here is the link to the catelogue: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Find-a-Job.aspx

I have tried Chrome, Mozilla and IE but I just can't get the window pane which lists the jobs to scroll all the way to the bottom so that I can click to the next page of results.

If I highlight a piece of text in the small window I can use my down arrow to get so far but still not all the way. I have even tried moving my taskbar to the right of my screen to see if I can get the rest but no, it's just only scrolling down so far.

Any help? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Yeah, it's a very poorly designed page.

Try first going full screen using F11 and then using the Page Down key on your keyboard.

I somehow ended up with a situation where I can see all the results but couldn't get back to the top of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Using Firefox I can scroll down through the jobs using the mouse wheel to the bottom and then click for the next page.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

Zen 2nd wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a very poorly designed page.

Try first going full screen using F11 and then using the Page Down key on your keyboard.

I somehow ended up with a situation where I can see all the results but couldn't get back to the top of the screen.

Have tried F11 earlier. Get a bit further but not to the bottom.

FSL wrote: »
    Using Firefox I can scroll down through the jobs using the mouse wheel to the bottom and then click for the next page.

Eeek, I don't have a mouse!

Can you not scroll using the touchpad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I see two scrollbars, one on the main frame and another inside beside the results list.

(Actually three. The third is horizontal across the bottom.. What a mess :rolleyes:)

Here's what's inside the frame - http://jobseeker.fas.ie/

FSL wrote: »
    Can you not scroll using the touchpad?

Yes, of course, but it stops at exactly the same point as when I use down arrow.

I see two scrollbars, one on the main frame and another inside beside the results list.

(Actually three. The third is horizontal across the bottom.. What a mess :rolleyes:)

Here's what's inside the frame - http://jobseeker.fas.ie/

Thank you!

BG2 wrote: »
    Yes, of course, but it stops at exactly the same point as when I use down arrow.

Just tried it on a laptop and yes you can't get to the bottom, weird.

Advertisement