Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southill Joyrider

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Joeface

Shall keep an eye out, Hopefully you can be lucky , Just got mine back . They drove it around for 5 days ...not worth fixing . but got it back all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Thanks Joeface, the car was in bits, not driveable. Property of the Motorsport society in UL. They were going to switch interior from the black one to the red car he has now. Can't get interior now. If losing the car gets 2 lads locked away or better yet, in a wall from the brakes(which didnt work), then i think it wouldnt be so bad :(

well just realised mine made it to their youtube Feed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PVO-zqD4Bik#t=113 (some of it anyway)

And you got it back?

Yes , taken on the 29-08 , recovered Wed 03-09.

Not sure the Gardai can actually use anything from the feed , but will pass on the link anyway. maybe they might go down the route of tracing the up loader. (hardly i would say) . but given the value of the cars they have listed in Just that video it would seem worth while . All cheap enough on there own but overall value is fairly high

• Advertisement

Either way, the guys uploading the videos are thick, if they don't realise they are filming a crime taking place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Joeface wrote: »
    Yes , taken on the 29-08 , recovered Wed 03-09.

Not sure the Gardai can actually use anything from the feed , but will pass on the link anyway. maybe they might go down the route of tracing the up loader. (hardly i would say) . but given the value of the cars they have listed in Just that video it would seem worth while . All cheap enough on there own but overall value is fairly high

Maybe get in touch with guys in the likes of Storyful in Dublin. Their job is to verify videos for journalistic purposes. They might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Clearer photo of car stolen last night...

BazkLZ.jpg
    bGtXSk.jpg

I think I saw the shell of that in a field. Just off the motorway, there are four burned out cars in the field.

I saw a group of lads a few weeks back joyriding in the same field in a fiat multipla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

seachto7 wrote: »
    I think I saw the shell of that in a field. Just off the motorway, there are four burned out cars in the field.

I saw a group of lads a few weeks back joyriding in the same field in a fiat multipla.

I would say throw the book at them, but have they not suffered enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

phill106 wrote: »

Was on hols in Canaries about 10 years ago and was chatting to a guy who owned a Multipla. I asked him what it was like and I will never forget his answer;

"Tis like a womans f***y, not great to look at but lovely and comfortable once you're in"

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »

The standards seemed to have dropped big time

seachto7 wrote: »

My friend rang the Guards, and they said the County Council have cleared the 4 cars, so he's going to ring the council and see if the shell is his, so at least he can claim insurance. :)

Thanks for everyone's help here, there are good people in this world, and hopefully the bastards who robbed the car will get what is coming to them! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Looks like a joyride last night in clondalkin

These tools could've smashed into an innocent pedestrian

Advertisement