Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The waiting game...

Options
  • 03-06-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Not sure I have any question really but am climbing the walls and needed a little vent.

TTC at the moment. We had been trying for 12 months with no luck and so went to tests, which resulted in a diagnosis of uterine fibroids. I had those removed in February and so this is the first month that we can ttc again.

My period is 4 days late, but I did a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative.

I am so frustrated that I feel like screaming! I can't even tell how I feel (physically). I am a bit nauseous, but then I sometimes am before my period. My mood is all over the place, but that is probably just the stress of this.

Part of me wishes that my period would just arrive, to put me out of the misery of waiting, even though I really really want to be pregnant.

I guess my question is, how do you cope with the waiting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

brokensoul wrote: »
    Not sure I have any question really but am climbing the walls and needed a little vent.

TTC at the moment. We had been trying for 12 months with no luck and so went to tests, which resulted in a diagnosis of uterine fibroids. I had those removed in February and so this is the first month that we can ttc again.

My period is 4 days late, but I did a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative.

I am so frustrated that I feel like screaming! I can't even tell how I feel (physically). I am a bit nauseous, but then I sometimes am before my period. My mood is all over the place, but that is probably just the stress of this.

Part of me wishes that my period would just arrive, to put me out of the misery of waiting, even though I really really want to be pregnant.

I guess my question is, how do you cope with the waiting?

Just wanted to say hang in there! It's so hard and on coping with the waiting - I busy myself as much as possible but to be honest in just obsess and torment myself..! Worst is that you can't even talk to people about it! The symptoms of early pregnancy and period coming are so similar it's cruel so I'm always second guessing myself! For me sore boobs was the only give away - like super sore! But it's different for everyone! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lmcm

hi brokensoul,

very apt username, it's such heart ache ttc :-( i'm seriously second guessing myself all
    the of the time and not being able to talk about it makes it sooo much harder.... thank god
    for boards :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

The wait is over, but not in the way I had hoped.

Got my period this morning. I feel so disheartened just now.

I kinda feel like if I had gotten my period last Friday when it was due it wouldn't have been a big deal (first month trying and all that) but no matter how hard I tried to convince myself not to get my hopes up for the last few days, of course I had.

Given that I am almost never late, I don't even know where to go from here. I have never used fertility monitors, but am wondering if others have found them useful.

I think chocolate may be the only thing that will help right now though...

sorry to hear... if you log onto any pregnancy website, most have ovulation calculators
    you just input todays date (first day of your period) and it calculates when your likely to ovulate again...hope this helps :-)

lmcm wrote: »
    sorry to hear... if you log onto any pregnancy website, most have ovulation calculators
    you just input todays date (first day of your period) and it calculates when your likely to ovulate again...hope this helps :-)

Thank you for your kind words.

I suppose my question in relation to ovulation is do I calculate on a 28/29 day cycle (as I would usually be) or on a 33 day cycle (which I was this month) for next month?

Hell, maybe we should just have sex every day next month and hope for the best!

• Advertisement

A good website to visit is babycenter.com
    the ovulation calculator will give you the dates....you can put in a 28 day cycle first and calculate, then calculate a 33 day cycle.... there won't be too much of a difference :-)

A good website to visit is babycenter.com
    the ovulation calculator will give you the dates....you can put in a 28 day cycle first and calculate, then calculate a 33 day cycle.... there won't be too much of a difference :-)

Thank you.

As you said earlier, it is very hard to have this going on and not be able to talk to people about what is going on so it really does mean a lot that you took the time to answer.

No problem....hope it helped.....i'm still waiting to see if I get my period or a positive result I took another test this morning and it showed a faint line but quickly disappeared so im still none the wiser... just want to know either way now

No problem....hope it helped.....i'm still waiting to see if I get my period or a positive result I took another test this morning and it showed a faint line but quickly disappeared so im still none the wiser... just want to know either way now

Good luck with it. x

Advertisement