Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert account to joint

Options
  • 03-06-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hello, 

How do I convert my current account to a joint account?

I currently have free banking, graduate account, will this be retained after converting?

In addition, how do I add another card holder to my credit card account?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi jimogr,

Thanks for your post.

To hold an account in joint names, it would be necessary to open a new joint personal current account. A sole account cannot be changed to a joint account and Graduate Accounts cannot be held in joint names.

To add another cardholder, the principle main cardholder and the new additional cardholder must both complete an additional cardholder form.

You can get this form by calling Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251 or dropping in to any branch. The additional cardholder needs to give us their proof of ID and address.

Please send the completed form and supporting documentation to:

Bank of Ireland Card Services, New Business Unit, 2nd floor, Operations Centre, Cabinteely, Dublin 18.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Please note[/font]: The additional cardholder must be 18 or over and live at the same address as the main cardholder.

I hope this helps but if you do have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Tara

Advertisement