Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer printing on card

Options
  • 03-06-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Sorry if not the right area.. I'm not sure how to search this.. I've a Canon PIXMA MG5340 - and wanted to know if there was a way to find out what thickness of papar/card it should print up to.

I'm not sure what terminology to search.

any help would be great. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

search for gram, g/m2 or weight

http://www.canon.ie/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Inkjet/PIXMA_MG5350/

Media Weight
    Rear Tray:
    Plain paper: 64 to 105 g/m² and supported Canon special media up to approx. 300 g/m²
    Cassette: Plain paper: 64 to 105 g/m²

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

thanks for that. :D

what do you think " Canon special media up to approx. 300 g/m²" means ?

also i take it the 105 is just paper.. as copy paper is 80/90 gsm.. I was hoping it would print on card of some soft..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

NeVeR wrote: »
    also i take it the 105 is just paper.. as copy paper is 80/90 gsm.. I was hoping it would print on card of some soft..

The 300gsm is Canon Photo paper (300gsm is pretty heavy), like this - http://www.canon.ie/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Inkjet/Ink_and_Paper/PT-101/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I have a Canon Pixma MG6250 and it can print on 250gsm without a problem. Haven't tried anything heavier in it yet but the manual says it can take up to 300gsm but only in the rear tray.

Ken

• Advertisement

cheers for the replies.

Advertisement