Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if you fail junior cert English?

Options
  • 03-06-2014 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Well i'm kinda f*cked for english, more so on paper 2.
    I got 41% in the mocks and then our teacher sent them off to be recorrected and I got put up to 48%. I didn't answer 16% worth of the exam on paper 2 due to poor time management.

I'm kinda scared ill fail it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

The only consequence of failing English is that you may have to do ordinary level for the LC (this depends on the school). It would be unusual to do worse in the JC than in the mocks, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    Do some cramming now instead of wasting time here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Always remember NOBODY will EVER ask you how you did in your JC... You would be lucky if anyone even asks you after college what you got in your LC...
    Worst case scenario you do lower level in the LC!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

For paper 2 make sure to include quotes in all of your answers, and as VG31 said you should do some cramming now so it'll be fresh in your mind tomorrow. Take advantage of the two hours between the papers to study too. It is vital to manage your time properly, you'll get a lot more marks for half-finishing two questions than finishing one question completely and not even attempting the other. Don't spend more than 25 minutes on any question on paper 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Nothing happens if you fail, I failed JC English in 1992, did Honors in the LC, got a C in the LC, so don't panic

plus, you may not have failed, just file it under done, and move on with the rest of the exams, worry about your results in September.

Advertisement