Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asphalt Driveway Cost

Options
  • 03-06-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some guide on the price for an asphalt driveway. Approx 70sqm to cover. We've already priced the blocks for the perimeter.

Also looking for advice / suggestions for alternatives. Our driveway slopes down and we're on a main road so loose aggregate (even with the honeycomb solution) probably isn't an option.

We've considered paving slabs (don't really like cobblelock) but getting so many conflicting opinions on what size, composition, base is needed. Builder says one thing, suppliers say another.

Other options are resin bound aggregate - which looks like a great option but price seems to be very high. Also considering exposed aggregate concrete but can't seem to find pricing on this.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received. We're pulling up existing cobblelock so we can put down whatever base is required for what we finally decide on.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

What area are you in and depending what is required the job can cost you anything from €17 m2 for 50mm orolled depth of SMA......

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Paudi04

Sorry to hijack this thread but might save me starting a new one.....

I've got a quote for SMA for my driveway from a well known company in my area. The area I need covered is 460m2. He has priced 50mm SMA. He has also included in the price the scraping of the site of loose stone and disposal of same, all necessary drainage works installed and laying of the SMA by machine.

The price he quoted is around €9k.

Can anyone tell me is that high or in and around what I should expect to pay?

Any comments welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

I have replied to your PM.

Advertisement