Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i do any poem for Junior Cert English?

Options
  • 03-06-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Sorry if this question has been asked, but can i do any poem? I had a dreadful teacher and ive learnt Mid Term Break and i'm going to learn He wishes fir the cloths of heaven but can i learn another poem that isn't in any of the junior cycle textbooks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Yes you can do any poem, but it's probably easier to look at one from the textbooks as there will be notes on them included.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you can, but there is a reason many schools and teachers do the same poems, as they are good poems to use to answer the various themes that can some up in questions.

If you learned how to examine a poem, you can do it with any poem. Unfortunately many people seem nowadays to just learn notes, so they are stuck if it comes to a different poem.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Okay great! There's a poem i love Wanna Be Yours by John Cooper Clarke. I know it of by heart and i could just learn where the poetry techniques are. It would just be a back up poem to use if I'm really stuck.

Advertisement