Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin v Laois / Kildare v Louth Crowd Expectancy

• 03-06-2014 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Given the double header, what kind of turnout can be expected??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Considerably more than the capacity of Portlaoise if the Leinster Council are to be believed

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

iDave wrote: »
    Considerably more than the capacity of Portlaoise if the Leinster Council are to be believed

Im guessing around 35k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

No, considerably more than would turn up if the game was held in portlaoise.

A subtle difference!
    I.e. Have the game in Dublin and you'll have at least 20 or 30 thousand dubs.
    Have it down the road, and you'll miss a lot of that crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

No, considerably more than would turn up if the game was held in portlaoise.

A subtle difference!
    I.e. Have the game in Dublin and you'll have at least 20 or 30 thousand dubs.
    Have it down the road, and you'll miss a lot of that crowd.

And more worryingly, you'd increase the chances of Dublin being knocked out and you'd miss out on the crowds they'd bring later in the year also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd say 40,000 to 45,000 ish, depending on the weather. The other two counties in the double header normally bring a decent enough crowd, especially Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'd say 40,000 to 45,000 ish, depending on the weather. The other two counties in the double header normally bring a decent enough crowd, especially Kildare.

I can't see Kildare bringing more than about 5,000. We had very small numbers against Offaly last year. The stadium will be practically empty for the first match.

I can't see Kildare bringing more than about 5,000. We had very small numbers against Offaly last year. The stadium will be practically empty for the first match.

Would there not be Kildare folk living in Dublin & its environs who would be willing to head into Croker for a game, more than they would be willing to drive to Tullamore?

Anyhoo, just checked last years attendance. There was 33,000 odd at our first game last year, against Westmeath. Was that a double header and it if was, who played in the first game? I presume that it was a double header, seeing as our own game was at 7pm.

Would there not be Kildare folk living in Dublin & its environs who would be willing to head into Croker for a game, more than they would be willing to drive to Tullamore?

Anyhoo, just checked last years attendance. There was 33,000 odd at our first game last year, against Westmeath. Was that a double header and it if was, who played in the first game? I presume that it was a double header, seeing as our own game was at 7pm.

Kildare/Offaly was the first game.

I think the novelty of Croke Park has worn off for a lot of county supporters in Leinster. Tullamore and Portlaoise in particular are probably handier in terms of distance and access for a lot of the Kildare fanbase. Even those from Leixlip/Confey/Celbridge/Maynooth are no more than an hour away from Portlaoise and Tullamore.

You're probably looking at a crowd of no more than 8,000 in for the first match. That would generate quite a decent atmosphere in Navan but not in the vast expanses of Croke Park.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Louth will take a decent crowd I reckon, had over 3000 in Mullingar so Id imagine we could double that which would be great for us

Kildare/Offaly was the first game.

I think the novelty of Croke Park has worn off for a lot of county supporters in Leinster. Tullamore and Portlaoise in particular are probably handier in terms of distance and access for a lot of the Kildare fanbase. Even those from Leixlip/Confey/Celbridge/Maynooth are no more than an hour away from Portlaoise and Tullamore.

You're probably looking at a crowd of no more than 8,000 in for the first match. That would generate quite a decent atmosphere in Navan but not in the vast expanses of Croke Park.

Agree 100% that the novelty has worn off, if it was ever there in the first place, especially in Leinster. How many times did Kildare play last year, between league & champo...5 or 6?

I agree that a half empty Croker can he a bit lacking in atmosphere, but you'd be surprised at how easy it can be to create, if the crowd are really, really into the game. I was at the last two club finals there. There can't have been more than 35,000 to 40,000 in the place and yet it was absolutely ROCKING ! Same with the Dubs v Kerry in the first league agame this year. The place was only 1/3 full and the atmosphere was great.

• Advertisement

Agree 100% that the novelty has worn off, if it was ever there in the first place, especially in Leinster. How many times did Kildare play last year, between league & champo...5 or 6?

I agree that a half empty Croker can he a bit lacking in atmosphere, but you'd be surprised at how easy it can be to create, if the crowd are really, really into the game. I was at the last two club finals there. There can't have been more than 35,000 to 40,000 in the place and yet it was absolutely ROCKING ! Same with the Dubs v Kerry in the first league agame this year. The place was only 1/3 full and the atmosphere was great.

Between league and championship, we played there 5 times last year and we didn't even get past the third round of the qualifiers. I don't think it helps when you lose 3 out of those 5 matches though!

Yep. Thought as much. Although, given the sad state of affairs in Leinster football in general, Kildare are probably the exception rather than the rule though. Decent teams like ye are probably always gonna get a few days out in Croker every year. The likes of Longford or Carlow or Offaly can't really say that.

Yep. Thought as much. Although, given the sad state of affairs in Leinster football in general, Kildare are probably the exception rather than the rule though. Decent teams like ye are probably always gonna get a few days out in Croker every year. The likes of Longford or Carlow or Offaly can't really say that.

I think ideally all counties should enter into home/away arrangements for all preliminary round and quarter final matches in Leinster. The chances of there being a Dublin v Meath, Dublin v Kildare or Meath v Kildare clash before the semi final stage like there was in the 1990s is now quite unlikely with all the previous year's semi finalists now seeded in the draw.

Kildare's last home Leinster Championship match was in 1995 also against Louth funnily enough. Now I know Newbridge is in dire repair but if it's good enough for qualifiers against Louth and Tyrone last year then it should be fine for a Leinster quarter final. If anything it might be the kick up the hole that the various county boards around Leinster require to bring grounds like Newbridge, Navan and Drogheda up to scratch.

I'd agree with all that. What motivation do counties have to spruce up their grounds, if they know that most, if not all of their big games are going to be in Croke Park? Coming up with the money is gonna be a tough one. With all due respect to our Cork brethern, 10 plus county grounds could all get serious upgrades with the money they are getting in Cork to do up just one county ground.

Move the Dubs out of Croker for their first Leinster game, at least. If they wind up in front of 10,000 in Pairc Tailtean, then so be it. If some grounds just can't cope with the crowds, they could move some games to neutral venues such as Nowlan Park or Portlaoise, that could accommodate a half decent crowd.

I'd also remove the seedings. All it does is reward the same 4-5 counties for making the semi finals the year before. It preserves the status quo for the likes of Dublin, Kildare and Meath & does nothing for the weaker counties. Do what they do up in Ulster and have an open draw.

If Dublin wind up meeting Kildare or Meath in the first round and one of them has to go into the first round of the qualifiers, then so be it, even if it is us. It can't but make counties stronger, if they have a better chance of getting further in the provincial championship than they currently do. It can't be a coincidence that Ulster has the strongest provincial championship by far, and they have an open draw.

Yeah I don't think there would be too many objections from the paying public if they did away with the seeding. It was good enough for us all in the mid to late nineties when Meath, Dublin and Kildare were all competing for All Ireland titles and that was without the safety net of the backdoor.

The Leinster Championship probably produced the best football of all the provinces during those years. Granted Dublin were at a bit of a low ebb after the 95 team broke up but the rest of the province was devilishly competitive. Meath and Kildare probably had the two best managers in the country at the time. Meath were blessed with some fine footballers and a tremendous team ethic. Kildare were insanely fit and had a top class midfield. Offaly were not far away and probably should have won more than just one Leinster title and a National League. Louth had a good team that also probably underachieved. Laois and Westmeath were on the rise after great work at underage level.

It's unlikely that we will have a provincial championship as competitive as that at least not in the next 5 or 10 years but removing the seeding and bringing in home and away arrangements would at least help in bringing some of the excitement back to a championship that has been diluted due to the introduction of the qualifiers and Dublin's dominance since 2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Louth will take a decent crowd I reckon, had over 3000 in Mullingar so Id imagine we could double that which would be great for us

Only 1,500 Westmeath and neutrals so. The locals must have been even more demoralised by their league form than the Louth supporters by ours.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/championship-critics-fretting-needlessly-about-gaa-showpiece-1.1800265

It was about midway through the second half in Mullingar on Saturday night when the shout came down the seats in the Cusack Park press box: “Attendance 4,524, lads. Four, five, two, four.”

Yep. I'd agree with all that.

My biggest objections to the seedings isn't that it keeps the same counties strong and the same counties weak. It does, but my biggest gripe is that it gives some counties an unfair leg up in the All Ireland series, that other counties never get. With the current set up, Cork and Kerry will never have to go through all four rounds of the qualifiers. Nor will we, or most likely Kildare.

Then contrast that with what Tyrone had to go through last year after they lost to Donegal in the first round of Ulster, or what Down will have to go through this year, after they lost to Tyrone. The odds are stacked against them, before they even get going. That is just not fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I think ideally all counties should enter into home/away arrangements for all preliminary round and quarter final matches in Leinster. The chances of there being a Dublin v Meath, Dublin v Kildare or Meath v Kildare clash before the semi final stage like there was in the 1990s is now quite unlikely with all the previous year's semi finalists now seeded in the draw.

Definitely. Would love to see some kind of move in this direction.

Only 1,500 Westmeath and neutrals so. The locals must have been even more demoralised by their league form than the Louth supporters by ours.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/championship-critics-fretting-needlessly-about-gaa-showpiece-1.1800265

It was about midway through the second half in Mullingar on Saturday night when the shout came down the seats in the Cusack Park press box: “Attendance 4,524, lads. Four, five, two, four.”

seen somewhere estimated was 6000, and we had just as many if not more than Westmeath.

if it was 4524, id say we had 2000 then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

seen somewhere estimated was 6000, and we had just as many if not more than Westmeath.

if it was 4524, id say we had 2000 then

I think crowd stats only take into account fully priced tickets. OAPs, students and children are not counted.

• Advertisement

Like a lot of what I'm reading here. I'm very much in favour of home and away agreements being mandatory throughout all the provincial championships not just Leinster. In many cases they are already in effect but if I were able to vote at congress I'd happily vote in favour of a motion to make it mandatory. It should include Dublin at QF level also. Leinster SFs involving Dublin and any match against Meath or Kildare would have to be in CP. In all other cases I'd extend H&A agreements to provincial SF level. So long as the ground meets capacity and safety requirements.
    I would be much easier to justify the cost of ground redevelopment if they are guaranteed a home championship match every year or so. Navan & Newbridge in particular.
    As for seeding, I think Leinster have it right tbh. Have the 4 highest ranked or previous years semi finalists avoid the preliminary round but would not go down the Munster route of keeping certain teams apart up to the final.
    A more controversial idea I'd be in favour of (I'm well aware its unlikely to get off the ground) would be to give the provincial champions home or home province advantage in the All Ireland QFs as well as giving provincial final losers home advantage in the Round 4 qualifier. More of those county grounds around the country get used (and actually filled) and it gives a real incentive to do well in your province.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Home and Away agreements might sound great in theory but I dont think that hard and fast rules like that are necessarily and good idea.

I would prefer to see dates and venues picked on what works better for supporters and what will generate the biggest attendance. For example, the Limerick and Tipp hurlers and footballs played each other on different days last weekend in different venues, they could have both played the same day as a double header. It would be a great boost for the footballers in both counties. Even putting one county's hurlers and footballers together is better than two stand alone matches. Also, football qualifier draw should not necessarily guarantee one team home advantage, if two games involve counties far apart, a double header in a neutral venue (if one is suitable in terms of proximity to all teams) should be arranged.

Making attending games more attractive for supporters and filling grounds should be the most important factors. The only caveat I would have to that is in relation to Dublin, I dont think it is unreasonable to make Dublin travel for the odd championship game. In the case of this weekend, playing the game to Portlaoise will result in a smaller crowd but I would not see that as a problem because the bigger crowd in Croker would contain a lot of bandwagon Dub supporters who are not the fans we should be trying to accommodate.

The GAA don't care about accommodating anyone, be they bandwagone Dubs, or Dubs who go to games in the depths of winter. They care about the money in their pocket. It will stay there to a much greater degree, if the games are moved else where. It will go into the GAA's pocket if the game is in Croker. Simples.

Then there are all the 5 year and 10 year season tickets sold for Croke Park and the money that comes from corporate boxes. There is also the main sponsors getting to wine and dine their clients in HQ. If I was in charge of Supervalu, or Ulster Bank or Allianz, I wouldn't be terribly thrilled at being told I'd have to do that in Portlaoise or Tullamore & not their nice, cushy digs in Croke Park. As far as the Leinster council and the GAA are concerned, it is all about economics, not "accommodating" anyone. Am not defending any of this by the way. I am just dealing with reality of the situation.
    As for seeding, I think Leinster have it right tbh. Have the 4 highest ranked or previous years semi finalists avoid the preliminary round but would not go down the Munster route of keeping certain teams apart up to the final.
    A more controversial idea I'd be in favour of (I'm well aware its unlikely to get off the ground) would be to give the provincial champions home or home province advantage in the All Ireland QFs as well as giving provincial final losers home advantage in the Round 4 qualifier. More of those county grounds around the country get used (and actually filled) and it gives a real incentive to do well in your province.

On the seedings, it just helps the same few counties and does nothing to level the playing field. Dublin/Kildare/Meath only have to win one game to make it to the semi finals. Then once they are there, they are set again for the following year and the year after that and on and on. Other counties have to win two games just to make it to the semi finals. That is not fair on them, if they find themselves in the same position year in and year out. Given that Leinster has 12 counties, there is going to have to be some sort of preliminary round, before the quarter finals. But if you remove the semi finals seedings and do an open draw, all 12 counties get an equal crack of the whip.

I'd agree in principal of giving the winners of the 4 provincial championships a home field advantage. But are there enough county grounds in the country, with the capacity to cope with the crowds that an All Ireland quarter final would draw?

The GAA don't care about accommodating anyone, be they bandwagone Dubs, or Dubs who go to games in the depths of winter. They care about the money in their pocket. It will stay there to a much greater degree, if the games are moved else where. It will go into the GAA's pocket if the game is in Croker. Simples.

Then there are all the 5 year and 10 year season tickets sold for Croke Park and the money that comes from corporate boxes. There is also the main sponsors getting to wine and dine their clients in HQ. If I was in charge of Supervalu, or Ulster Bank or Allianz, I wouldn't be terribly thrilled at being told I'd have to do that in Portlaoise or Tullamore & not their nice, cushy digs in Croke Park. As far as the Leinster council and the GAA are concerned, it is all about economics, not "accommodating" anyone. Am not defending any of this by the way. I am just dealing with reality of the situation.

All sadly true. I'd like to think that the sponsors can survive without a Leinster QF though. Its not like Dublin are in huge danger of losing at that stage right now and then they can return to CP for the SF. If h&A agreements are in place Dublin will still play their QF in CP on a regular basis. Its amazing how short sighted it all is when it comes to Dublins venue.
    On the seedings, it just helps the same few counties and does nothing to level the playing field. Dublin/Kildare/Meath only have to win one game to make it to the semi finals. Then once they are there, they are set again for the following year and the year after that and on and on. Other counties have to win two games just to make it to the semi finals. That is not fair on them, if they find themselves in the same position year in and year out. Given that Leinster has 12 counties, there is going to have to be some sort of preliminary round, before the quarter finals. But if you remove the semi finals seedings and do an open draw, all 12 counties get an equal crack of the whip.

Seedings aren't a big deal for me tbh, if they were done away with in the morning I wouldn't be too upset. If seedings are to continue I'd rather stick with how Leinster do it as opposed to how Munster do it.
    As it is Wexford are seeded. Its not beyond the realms of possibility they could lose a Leinster QF so someone new can then be seeded the following year.
    Meath and Kildare haven't been seeded as recently as 2011 and 2012 so its not that hard for other counties to make that particular breakthrough.

I'd agree in principal of giving the winners of the 4 provincial championships a home field advantage. But are there enough county grounds in the country, with the capacity to cope with the crowds that an All Ireland quarter final would draw?

As it stands Dublin, Kerry, Cork, Tipp, Limerick, Mayo, Monaghan, possibly Galway and Antrim when Casement is completed could do it. Other counties could have home province advantage if their own ground isn't up to it.
    This idea is unlikely to get off the ground for the same reasons in your first point.

All sadly true. I'd like to think that the sponsors can survive without a Leinster QF though. Its not like Dublin are in huge danger of losing at that stage right now and then they can return to CP for the SF. If h&A agreements are in place Dublin will still play their QF in CP on a regular basis. Its amazing how short sighted it all is when it comes to Dublins venue.

Yeah I agree, but the GAA will be more successful selling Croke Park as a corporate venue, if they guarantee Dubs games and double headers with other counties, such as the one on Sunday. If you take some Dublin games off the table (such as their first Leinster game or their quarter final if they lose in Leinster) then the GAA weakens their own hand in selling the place. I personally am in favour or moving us out of Dublin for the first Leinster game, but I am looking at it from a GAA business point of view.

Seedings aren't a big deal for me tbh, if they were done away with in the morning I wouldn't be too upset. If seedings are to continue I'd rather stick with how Leinster do it as opposed to how Munster do it.
    As it is Wexford are seeded. Its not beyond the realms of possibility they could lose a Leinster QF so someone new can then be seeded the following year.
    Meath and Kildare haven't been seeded as recently as 2011 and 2012 so its not that hard for other counties to make that particular breakthrough.

Good points. But I'd still remove the seedings completely. Having them doesn't really give us in Leinster that much moral authority to point the finger at Munster to get them to change their process, if our own draw is skewed to favour the bigger and more successful counties. It is not quite so biased as it is in Munster, but it is still biased.

As it stands Dublin, Kerry, Cork, Tipp, Limerick, Mayo, Monaghan, possibly Galway and Antrim when Casement is completed could do it. Other counties could have home province advantage if their own ground isn't up to it.
    This idea is unlikely to get off the ground for the same reasons in your first point.

I agree. But that brings us back to that old chestnut of players and managers wanting their big day out in Croke Park, versus fans wanting more games closer to home. It may not be a big deal to counties that play there a lot, or other counties in Leinster, but take Roscommon or Cavan for example. What if they have a break through and they win their respective provincial championships? Isn't a quarter final game in Croke Park what they aspire to? Would they really prefer to play it in Clones or Castlebar? When push comes to shove, would the supporters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Roscommon has Hyde Park which hosted games between last 12 teams before. Cavan has Breffni which can take up to 30k.

Leinster would be the only problem area. It's pretty much Croker or bust!
    I agree. But that brings us back to that old chestnut of players and managers wanting their big day out in Croke Park, versus fans wanting more games closer to home. It may not be a big deal to counties that play there a lot, or other counties in Leinster, but take Roscommon or Cavan for example. What if they have a break through and they win their respective provincial championships? Isn't a quarter final game in Croke Park what they aspire to? Would they really prefer to play it in Clones or Castlebar? When push comes to shove, would the supporters?

Sometimes I envy teams like Meath and KIldare playing regularly in Croke Park and then other times I don't. Look at the excitement in Cavan last year from our couple of trips to Croke Park. Meath and KIldare fans won't have that because they play provincial games there. That said, when Cavan got there we looked like "startled earwigs" because of the hype about the event. Teams like Meath, Kildare and Dublin ahev the advantage of playing in Croke Park regularly.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Sometimes I envy teams like Meath and KIldare playing regularly in Croke Park and then other times I don't. Look at the excitement in Cavan last year from our couple of trips to Croke Park. Meath and KIldare fans won't have that because they play provincial games there. That said, when Cavan got there we looked like "startled earwigs" because of the hype about the event. Teams like Meath, Kildare and Dublin ahev the advantage of playing in Croke Park regularly.

I'd quite happily stay away from CP all the way up the Leinster final (if we don't meet Dublin before that) if I could.
    Its particularly awful for a Leinster SF double header before a Dublin game. Against Wexford last year the crowd was spread out and diluted by incoming Dub/Kildare fans.
    You wouldn't of thought a close match was taking place. I would of preferred driving down to Wexford for it tbh.
    Its not a huge advantage for Meath & Kildare to play there. We lost to Tyrone there last year and Kildare were mauled by Cork in 2012.
    I can understand Cavans excitement to play there but I prefer to avoid it now unless its against Dublin or at AI latter stages.
    They constantly play pop music loudly before and between games and have endless 'Fogras' over the tannoy. Cant hear myself think in there.

I'd quite happily stay away from CP all the way up the Leinster final (if we don't meet Dublin before that) if I could.
    Its particularly awful for a Leinster SF double header before a Dublin game.

+1

We're there too often for there to be any sense of occasion about visiting Croke Park anymore. Much prefer going to Portlaoise, Tullamore, Navan etc. Kildare v Meath in the 2011 qualifiers was held in Navan and there was a cracking atmosphere at it. Kildare v Laois in 2009 was a packed house in Tullamore. Kildare and Offaly played two games down in Kilkenny in 2002 which were memorable occasions.

These grounds are far more suitable to the numbers that attend these Leinster matches. There's nothing worse than being shoehorned onto the Dubs undercard and also having to pay the extra fiver or whatever it is for a double header. The majority of supporters are only interested in watching their own county's match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

How much would a decent ticket (as in not at the back of upper stands) be?I'm at a bit of a loose end this Sunday and have never been to a proper GAA match before so wouldn't mind going along if a ticket can be had for reasonable money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭Germancarfan

25 quid should see ya right - there or thereabouts

How much would a decent ticket (as in not at the back of upper stands) be?I'm at a bit of a loose end this Sunday and have never been to a proper GAA match before so wouldn't mind going along if a ticket can be had for reasonable money.

€25 Adults
    €5 Kids

Students/OAP's can get €10 refund on entrance

All of the stand tickets are the same price - 25 euros. It doesn't matter if you are in the Upper or Lower Cusack/Hogan Stand, or how far back in them you are, the price is still the same. Once you have your assigned seat, if you aren't happy with it, just move to another one. When the place is half empty (which it will be on Sunday) its pretty easy to change seats if you want. The stewards don't mind at all.

Its particularly awful for a Leinster SF double header before a Dublin game. Against Wexford last year the crowd was spread out and diluted by incoming Dub/Kildare fans.
    You wouldn't of thought a close match was taking place. I would of preferred driving down to Wexford for it tbh.
    Its not a huge advantage for Meath & Kildare to play there. We lost to Tyrone there last year and Kildare were mauled by Cork in 2012.
    I can understand Cavans excitement to play there but I prefer to avoid it now unless its against Dublin or at AI latter stages.
    They constantly play pop music loudly before and between games and have endless 'Fogras' over the tannoy. Cant hear myself think in there.

Don't ever go to a Leinster game at the RDS, or an Ireland/Leinster game at the Aviva stadium then. Your head will explode. :P

I understand the logic of a team being over awed by the occasion & the venue. But sometimes I think that is trotted out as too easy an excuse for a poor performance, or not being mentally prepared correctly by the manager.

After this years league final, the Derry manager said that the occasion got to them, or words to that effect. No one seemed to remind him that Derry put some serious manners on Mayo just the week before, IN Croke Park. They also played in last years Division Two final in Croke Park. So they are not exactly HQ virgins.

I know its a bit different in playing the Dubs, or being on the under card when the place lacks atmosphere, as most of the crowd have yet to arrive. But there were only 28,000 and 38,000 thousand at this years league semi final and final, so its not like the place was rocking like an AI final day to begin with. Even the Hill was only about 1/4 full. It was hardly the lions den.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Did anyone else get there tickets changed recenty in the post?

I got a letter and new tickets from tickets. Ie this morning saying that row b in 308 is closed now I'm in uu. What the actual ****? Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

€25 Adults
    €5 Kids

Students/OAP's can get €10 refund on entrance

I have a ticket going spare if anyone wants it, section 304. Season ticket holder but on holidays from Saturday so can't attend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭wotausername

Did anyone else get there tickets changed recenty in the post?

I got a letter and new tickets from tickets. Ie this morning saying that row b in 308 is closed now I'm in uu. What the actual ****? Ha.

rows A B and C are closed in all lower sections in croke park unless its going to be a sell out like all ireland! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

rows A B and C are closed in all lower sections in croke park unless its going to be a sell out like all ireland! :)

When I actually bought them i was thinking it was odd I'd normally be near the front and see couple rows closed off. In that case tickets.ie shouldn't of being selling those seats.

I already rang them early on and was told someone would get bk to me still waiting......

Advertisement