Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 English Papers - Wed. June 4th 2014 - all levels***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

my friend is an A grade student, a helpful good friend and does charity work

My friend, saved an animal from abuse by students in the school, and showed honour, integrity and bravery :L

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

For those of you saying the poem was short. There was one year where the poem had six lines...

Paper one was okay. Seems like many people I know ranted about one direction in the speech. Paper two. Okay I never want to write again.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Thought paper 1 was lovely, did the debate and the student speech :) the radio ad for media studies was quite nice as well.
    Paper 2 for me was pretty awful, I was so tired by the end:/ all my studied sections were me bull****ting and the unseens were probably not that great either..
    Doubt I can get an A again, our mock was way easier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

ECM1234 wrote: »
    For the seen poetry, I did q2 and talked about dulce et decorum est and but you didn't (had to pick two poem with the same theme)

I did dulce and base details they both had the theme of war and conveyed the negative aspect s of war

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I was going to pick that but it wasn't 'ordinary life' as such

I guess I worked my way around it by saying that death was a part of ordinary life for soldiers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

My friend, saved an animal from abuse by students in the school, and showed honour, integrity and bravery :L

wow! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Paper 1 was beautiful!
    Paper 2 was a total b*tch, what the hell was that studied novel & poetry Q :(

My friend climbed mount blanc in aid of Alzheimer's and runs a soup kitchen hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

who didn't finish?

Me!!! I put like I two lines for unseen fiction q2

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Suddenly my friend sounds really dull...

Or english teacher even said the poem was hatd so...

• Advertisement

Did anyone answer on roll of thunder? Which question did you do and what did you write? :)

Beca19 wrote: »
    Thought paper 1 was lovely, did the debate and the student speech :) the radio ad for media studies was quite nice as well.
    Paper 2 for me was pretty awful, I was so tired by the end:/ all my studied sections were me bull****ting and the unseens were probably not that great either..
    Doubt I can get an A again, our mock was way easier :(
    mock was wayy easier

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

coolerboy wrote: »
    What did youse say for the unseen poetry questions.

I said it was optimistic because "the boy" had wonderful thoughts & the poet said those thoughts couldn't be lost and then went on to say that a lot of people have those thoughts which is good

How far off the mark was I?!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

For the seen poetry, I did q2 and talked about dulce et decorum est and but you didn't (had to pick two poem with the same theme)
    Haha I did the exact same two poems for that question! :D did you say the theme was war?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

What did people right for unseen fiction question number 3

Liordi wrote: »
    Would love to see the ordinary paper. :)

It's on examinations.ie already!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

I think I'm the only person here who actually liked the poem did people really find it that hard. I think I waffled a bit in my studied fiction though. Overall it was a nice two papers and I think I did good depending on the corrector I might hopefully scrape an A.

yaEHya wrote: »
    What did people right for unseen fiction question number 3

I took the kinda blurb example from key skills that you use in functional writing.. Wrote about an exciting adventure in Malaya hahah probably not very accurate

Haha I did the exact same two poems for that question! :D did you say the theme was war?
    Yeah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

I just kept saying it was an extraordinary adventure that could not be missed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

The unseen drama took me so long! I didn't finish it I had to move on which led me to do two awful answers for unseen fiction which were unfinished. The rest I finished but I gave kind of slopy answers.
    I'm really depressed now because I was aiming for an A (got 83 in the mocks but usually an A student) and I thought paper 1 went excellenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Thank God I learned a second poem yesterday, Mid-Term break would have been absolutely useless to me in paper 2:D

Overall, beautiful paper 1, bar the reading, which was just strange:confused:

Paper 2 wasn't nice in many regards. Nasty and vague questions

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Paper 1 was easy enough, but what the hell was paper 2? The poem was the weirdest thing i've ever read, i just had to bs that question as i'd hadn't a clue what was going on! Please tell me i'm not the only one who read the unseen play with indian voices in my head lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 niamhy505

Oisin4 wrote: »
    The unseen drama took me so long! I didn't finish it I had to move on which led me to do two awful answers for unseen fiction which were unfinished. The rest I finished but I gave kind of slopy answers.
    I'm really depressed now because I was aiming for an A (got 83 in the mocks but usually an A student) and I thought paper 1 went excellenty.

That's the exact same as me I got 83 in the mock too but today's paper was way harder :( Loads of my answers were sloppily put together too, but I actually found the poem to be easy! :) hope we can still pull it up to the A </3

Oisin4 wrote: »
    they adjust the marking scheme according to the difficulty of the paper!
    Don't worry honestly you cant do anything about it now

Did anyone not do the speech on personal writing?

Anyway, what's done is done, now onto irish. Tus Maith leath na hoibre!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Did anyone not do the speech on personal writing?

I did question 1 - the short story. I think it was "Everything had changed in 90 minutes".

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

VG31 wrote: »
    I did question 1 - the short story. I think it was "Everything had changed in 90 minutes".

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Remember, they have to have the bell curve.
    So, regardless of the paper only a certain number of people get A's anyway.

Advertisement