Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank draft

Options
  • 03-06-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I don't have a cheque book, but would like to post a wedding present. I don't want to post cash...

I thought I could just get a bank draft, but have heard that there is a minimum amount of 2000 euro. Is that true?

If it is, could you recommend an alternative? Is there any way for the bank to issue a cheque in my name?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi pbo_massive,

Thanks for your post on boards.

A bank draft can only be issued for amounts of E500 or more and can be obtained from your[font=Calibri", "sans-serif] local Bank of Ireland Branch.[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]In cases where a draft for an amount under €500 is required, unfortunately we are unable to facilitate the reques[/font][font=Calibri", "sans-serif]ts, however, there are other alternatives to making payments e.g. transferring funds via BOI365 Online, or by sending personal cheque.[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]We hope this information is of benefit to you, if we can assist you with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Paula C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

Postal Order? Any amount you want.

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pbo_massive

Can I send a personal cheque without a cheque book? Don't think a bank transfer is appropriate for a wedding gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pbo_massive

Thanks, will look into it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi pbo_massive.

Unless you hold a cheque book on your account, it will not be possible for you to send a personal cheque as a wedding gift.

We appreciate your predicament, however we hope that the alternative options we've mentioned above may be of benefit to you.

If we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Laura

• Advertisement
Advertisement