Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Mature Student Accommodation Cork City

Options
  • 03-06-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there, just wondering does anyone have any info on student accom in Cork? I will be attending St. John's College and there is no accommodation office there. ive looked on all the websites, trawled them in fact! im slightly fearful of living in student accom as im 27 and will be there only to study. I thought it would be simple enough to rent a room in a quiet home but there isnt much online except some really expensive digs, i think people do advertise these rooms but post them up in the UCC accommodation office. also some student accommodations only take UCC and CIT students!! ive been in touch with agencies but a lot of people renting houses do not want students as they're gone after 9 months and many houses are not on a room only basis, which I need as i dont know anyone in Cork. Would room only rentals be advertised in Cork newspapers does anyone know? Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Hiya,
    I'm looking for accommodation too! I'm going to St John's in September as well :) Looking for somewhere with my boyfriend and 2 friends - plenty of 3 bed houses, but they hate students and it's always minimum a year :/

If you're still looking, I'm happy to offer you to house with us. We're ages 19-21, but we're quiet and have no interest in throwing parties. My boyfriend and his friend are in their final year in UCC,and my friend is in 3rd year and really wants to focus on studying. I was in UCC for a year and finally got my course in St John's after waiting a year, so will really be working hard.

If you're interested then pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lindys

Hi, thank you so much for your response, I actually got somewhere sorted since then, best of luck with your house search though! it is a pain! The UCC accommodation website is very helpful. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

lindys wrote: »
    Hi, thank you so much for your response, I actually got somewhere sorted since then, best of luck with your house search though! it is a pain! The UCC accommodation website is very helpful. Thanks again.

No bother! If you don't mind me asking, what kind of accom did you find? Is it student or just a house? Cause I thought houses / apartments can't be kept on hold for longer than about 2 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement