Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented house

Options
  • 03-06-2014 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi, we have a house rented out in South Kildare,currently get €700 it is a well kept four bed with a big garden, we want to up the rent but have a lovely lady with two kids who we do not want to leave, but we have been adding €350 a month for five years now and would like to pay less, my question is if we up the rent will she get the extra from welfare or have to pay herself, we will not up it she has to pay extra ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hi, we have a house rented out in South Kildare,currently get €700 it is a well kept four bed with a big garden, we want to up the rent but have a lovely lady with two kids who we do not want to leave, but we have been adding €350 a month for five years now and would like to pay less, my question is if we up the rent will she get the extra from welfare or have to pay herself, we will not up it she has to pay extra ....

I'm pretty sure she'll have to pay the extra.
    Rent allowance has been giving less & not more

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rent Supplement (renamed a few years back) tenants cannot pay more than the agreed maximum rate - which in Kildare outside the few northern commuter towns is 700 for a single parent with two kids. If you raise the rent, she'll have to leave.

Any side-deals to get more cash are illegal and also leave you with major issues in relation to tax and also PRTB etc as you'll have to have a contract signed with 700 on it.

Advertisement