Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From an Idea to a patent to market .

Options
  • 03-06-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

I've had a very good idea for a novel(one that doesn't already exsist) consumer product.
    I'm just wondering if anyone on here has brought an idea through the patent process and then to market,and if their are any good books or other types of resources that were helpful with the process.
    Fortunatly I don't need any money from the enterprise boards etc as they don't have a bean,which is an absolute disgrace given all the bullsh1t that the government is spouting about getting the country back on its feet:rolleyes:.

Thanks,

Arrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

From the other thread:
    All quite valid of course, but rather leaves out the most important criterium, is there a market for it? and is that market prepared to pay for the embodied design benefit? . Just because it is new, clever, unique or innovative does not bestow a real and exploitable value proposition.

Just because you don't know the market potential of the product doesn't mean you shouldn't patent, or at least apply.

You can apply in Ireland and defer further payments for a year under the Paris Convention.

Then you can defer international patents for a further 18 months under the Patent Co-Operation Treaty.

This gives you a solid 2 1/2 years of testing, market research and marketing before fully committing to a patent application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

From the other thread:

Just because you don't know the market potential of the product doesn't mean you shouldn't patent, or at least apply.

You can apply in Ireland and defer further payments for a year under the Paris Convention.

Then you can defer international patents for a further 18 months under the Patent Co-Operation Treaty.

This gives you a solid 2 1/2 years of testing, market research and marketing before fully committing to a patent application.

I don't need 2 1/2 of testing ,market research,its a very simple basic product ,that most familys would buy on a regular basis,it would also be quite cheap.
    I need to get it protected,mass produced as cheap as possible ,and out there basically .

Advertisement