Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pig on a spit

Options
  • 03-06-2014 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All, We're thinking of having a pig on a spit for our wedding and have been looking at a few companies, I'm wondering has anyone used pigspit.ie they are based in Athy?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

are you looking at 'Tau Hogroast' as I was at a 40th last summer where they catered and the roast pig was spectacular?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Davy80

Thanks for that I'll check them out also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Davy80 wrote: »
    Thanks for that I'll check them out also

Have you seen it and/or had it before? I love pork, am obsessed with it, but pig on a spit is a little different. It certainly wont be to everyones liking and some people will be abhorred by it.

i've had it twice and the meat was nice on both occasions but I've cooked pork shoulders/belly etc that are far far nicer. Just a little word of caution!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭squonk

I had it in the Christmas Market in Galway one yeat. I'm a big pork fan but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be overall. I'd have much preferred a nice bit of roast port to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Funny as it sounds I had a few at work (nightclub/bar which does that sort of thing) and I found it to be a little lacking in taste. Maybe there wasn't salt on it or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

I know the guys in Athy, and have attended a few events where they had a pig-on-the-spit. They did it very well, and as for the crackling!!! yummmm. They seem to do very well with functions all over the country.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've also had it a couple of times in a bar (same one, dermighty?) and have found it to be okay. No great shakes, but not bad either.

Advertisement