Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit to my account

Options
  • 03-06-2014 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I made a payment with my Visa debit card today, which has now been cancelled and the money refunded. How long will it take before the money is back in my account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi neemish

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

As the payment is being refunded by the retailer, they can usually advise of the expected time frame for the payment to re credit your account. Generally, it can take between 3-5 working days.

It would be best to contact the retailer directly to ask them the number of working days it may take them to refund the payment to your account.

I hope this helps, if you need assistance with any further queries please feel free to ask us here.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Hi neemish

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

As the payment is being refunded by the retailer, they can usually advise of the expected time frame for the payment to re credit your account. Generally, it can take between 3-5 working days.

It would be best to contact the retailer directly to ask them the number of working days it may take them to refund the payment to your account.

I hope this helps, if you need assistance with any further queries please feel free to ask us here.

Thanks
    Alison
    Thanks Alison

Can I ask - why does money come off my card straight away and yet can take up to five days to be refunded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi neemish, 

Thanks for posting. 

When a payment is made with a Visa Debit card, the funds are debited when the retailer processes the transaction. Some retailers will process immediately and some might take some time to do so. It's the same process when a retailer refunds a payment - the time frame is very much retailer dependent. Generally we see refunds within 3 - 5 working days. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement