Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Never Stopped

• 03-06-2014 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

My friend and I was heading towards the bus stop on the Dublin Road just up from the Groody Roundabout last night. It was to catch the 11 pm 304 bus from UL.

We were about 10 metres from the bus stop and the bus was driving quickly down the road. We waved at the driver for him to stop and he ignored us and drove by. Seems that the driver just wanted to finish his shift and not bother picking up potential passengers.

Has this happened to anybody else and have you reported this to Bus Eireann?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

YFlyer wrote: »
    My friend and I was heading towards the bus stop on the Dublin Road just up from the Groody Roundabout last night. It was to catch the 11 pm 304 bus from UL.

We were about 10 metres from the bus stop and the bus was driving quickly down the road. We waved at the driver for him to stop and he ignored us and drove by. Seems that the driver just wanted to finish his shift and not bother picking up potential passengers.

Has this happened to anybody else and have you reported this to Bus Eireann?

If youre not physically at the stop, they dont need to stop apparently, as all buses are timed to make the new timer things..

Hppens
    at childers road the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

So let me get this straight, you want to report to bus eireann because a driver never stopped for you when you WERE NOT at the bus stop? Makes sense, be there on time or just suck it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes I should have sprinted instead of jogging to the stop when I seen the bus speeding down the bus lane :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,489 ✭✭✭squonk

That's happened me also a few times recently on Childers Road at the Aldi stop. Annoyingly there were times I was only 10 feet from the stop. If the bloody driver had bothered his arse to have a quick check on his mirror on the left hand side he'd have seen me running to get the bus. 10 seconds would have covered it. The bus service is already **** enough in Limerick without this bollox as well. I lived in Galway prior to this and found the drivers there a bit more customer friendly in that regard. It's a cop out to say 'come on time for the bus' when in actual fact the bus on Childers road is scheduled at 9 and 39 minutes past the hour but can show up anytime from 1 minute past the hour to 15 minutes past the hour. Given such a wide margin in arrival time it's particularly galing to have an ignorant, lazy driver failing to do their job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

bennyl10 wrote: »
    If youre not physically at the stop, they dont need to stop apparently, as all buses are timed to make the new timer things..

Hppens
    at childers road the whole time.

That doesn't make any sense! If the buses are timed then the bus would have to stop to avoid being too early at the next stop. And we wonder why Bus Eireann are making a loss.......

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    That's happened me also a few times recently on Childers Road at the Aldi stop. Annoyingly there were times I was only 10 feet from the stop. If the bloody driver had bothered his arse to have a quick check on his mirror on the left hand side he'd have seen me running to get the bus. 10 seconds would have covered it. The bus service is already **** enough in Limerick without this bollox as well. I lived in Galway prior to this and found the drivers there a bit more customer friendly in that regard. It's a cop out to say 'come on time for the bus' when in actual fact the bus on Childers road is scheduled at 9 and 39 minutes past the hour but can show up anytime from 1 minute past the hour to 15 minutes past the hour. Given such a wide margin in arrival time it's particularly galing to have an ignorant, lazy driver failing to do their job.

The driver in my case only had to look forward and notice my hand out when I was running to the stop. I would have been at the bus stop within 2 seconds of the bus stopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Get a car or faster takkies would ya man!

Had a few cans of cider :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Im only messing :).. But i have seen bus drivers on the last round drive at crazy speeds around the town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I've seen this happen with the Shannon bus, it went directly over the new bridge rather than turning down henry street and stopping at Dunnes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement