Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble connecting wirelessly to upc box

Options
  • 03-06-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

hello,

I'm hoping someone can help please

1) i have the new upc box
    2) my phone and laptop connect no problem to it
    3) my windows 7 dell pc cannot connect, it can see the wireless connection it asks for password, but then just stateds its unable to connect to upc
    4) my pc has no issues connecting to my 'phone hotspot'

i rang upc, they couldn't think of any reason why, they changed network name.. password etc.. but none of that worked.

i tried,
    1) enabling and disabling my network adapeter
    2) the default troubleshooting..

anybody have any ideas?

thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

It might be a problem with wifi security. Left click on the wireless icon in the taskbar, right click on the network you are attempting to connect to and select 'properties'. Have a look on the security tab and check the settings, make sure security type, encryption and password all match your router settings. I'd especially check encryption i.e. tkip/AES.

Advertisement