Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage

Options
  • 03-06-2014 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

We applied for very low mortgage (50k) and for that we need 5000. I said I have 5000 in savings and now they want proof. I have around 3k in savings account and 2k cash. Would that be ok to just deposit it in my savings account now and bring statement or would they think it is suspicious ?

Also they want contract I have with landlord and that I am paying rent, but I have no contract as I am renting from my friends parents (500pm) but I can get letter confirming that I am paying rent for x property at address y, is that enough ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

198321 wrote: »
    We applied for very low mortgage (50k) and for that we need 5000. I said I have 5000 in savings and now they want proof. I have around 3k in savings account and 2k cash. Would that be ok to just deposit it in my savings account now and bring statement or would they think it is suspicious ?

Also they want contract I have with landlord and that I am paying rent, but I have no contract as I am renting from my friends parents (500pm) but I can get letter confirming that I am paying rent for x property at address y, is that enough ? Thanks

Why have you not put the cash into your account. Is the cash from a different source. Not sure would the banks question it. Someone else might answer that.
    50000 might be very small of a mortgage to ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Banks usually look for a paper trail for your savings i.e monthly standing order from current account to savings or a transfer from one account to another. They also look for evidence of payment of rent same as above. They need to see affordability to repay mortgage by regular savings and rent.

198321 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Can you show that the €2000 is actually yours? i.e. That you didn't just get a loan from a friend, deposit the cash to make it look like you have more savings than you claim, and you're going to give it back to your friend as soon as you have the mortgage?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

28064212 wrote: »
    Can you show that the €2000 is actually yours? i.e. That you didn't just get a loan from a friend, deposit the cash to make it look like you have more savings than you claim, and you're going to give it back to your friend as soon as you have the mortgage?

i said I have 5000 which goes toward the mortgage (me 5000, bank 45000 = 50 000) so I assume they take those 5000 before giving me letter that mortgage is approved?

Advertisement