Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom landline can't receive call from UPC number (or America)

Options
  • 03-06-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

Hi.

My aunt in Lucan (01 615xxxx) has an eircom landline. She can receive calls from other eircom customers, but not a UPC number.

When my mother in Santry (01 842xxxx, UPC) calls aunt, she gets one ringback tone, followed by a recorded message (female, British accent, so probably UPC) saying that there's a fault on the line.

Aunt can call mother. Mother can call other eircom numbers.

This problem has been going on for "about a year".

Aunt also missed several calls from USA over the weekend. She called 1901 today and eventually reached a Real Live Human. He did a line test, and said the line was ok. I assume the case was closed as No Fault Found.

Since the problem exists in one direction but not the other, it has to be software. But whether its Billing, Class of Service, incomplete porting, termination (dis)agreement or maybe UPC's Santry hub just doesn't want to talk to eircom's Lucan exchange...

Anyway, it's driving us mad. Who do we talk to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

OzCam wrote: »
    Hi.

My aunt in Lucan (01 615xxxx) has an eircom landline. She can receive calls from other eircom customers, but not a UPC number.

When my mother in Santry (01 842xxxx, UPC) calls aunt, she gets one ringback tone, followed by a recorded message (female, British accent, so probably UPC) saying that there's a fault on the line.

Aunt can call mother. Mother can call other eircom numbers.

This problem has been going on for "about a year".

Aunt also missed several calls from USA over the weekend. She called 1901 today and eventually reached a Real Live Human. He did a line test, and said the line was ok. I assume the case was closed as No Fault Found.

Since the problem exists in one direction but not the other, it has to be software. But whether its Billing, Class of Service, incomplete porting, termination (dis)agreement or maybe UPC's Santry hub just doesn't want to talk to eircom's Lucan exchange...

Anyway, it's driving us mad. Who do we talk to?
    Hi OzCam

This does indeed seem very odd, the issues would indicate that there is an issue from the UPC number dialling your Aunts eircom number however to rule out any possible issues on your Aunts eircom landline please PM me her number and I will run tests on it.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement