Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ego usb charger with 18350 battery?

Options
  • 03-06-2014 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

So having enough of the let-dows with my starter ego pen vaper pen I purchased the Cool Fire II today.

I also purchased a mains charger for the 18350 battery which will prove to be a bit cumbersome to carry with me (as if my new vaper isn't heavy enough, it must weigh something like 500 grams!).

I still have my old usb charger off my ego pen and it does physically fit onto the top of the Cool Fire, so for portability sake could anyone tell me if they know that the ego usb charger is safe to use with my new setup???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

CSU wrote: »
    So having enough of the let-dows with my starter ego pen vaper pen I purchased the Cool Fire II today.

I also purchased a mains charger for the 18350 battery which will prove to be a bit cumbersome to carry with me (as if my new vaper isn't heavy enough, it must weigh something like 500 grams!).

I still have my old usb charger off my ego pen and it does physically fit onto the top of the Cool Fire, so for portability sake could anyone tell me if they know that the ego usb charger is safe to use with my new setup???

It will fit but I'm pretty sure it won't charge it. Just take a spare battery with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Buy several 18350's and swap them round when needed. I've got 5 myself so if miss charging for a couple of days it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Related topic - how long do you guys get out of your non-kicked 18350's before needing to recharge? How do they compare to 18650's in the longevity stakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Related topic - how long do you guys get out of your non-kicked 18350's before needing to recharge? How do they compare to 18650's in the longevity stakes?

Although they are supposedly 850mAh, they don't seem to last anywhere near as long as a 900 ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Although they are supposedly 850mAh, they don't seem to last anywhere near as long as a 900 ego.

Use about 2 - 2.5 18350s per day in an itaste SVD with a nautilus or an Aerotank attached. I use 18650s if I'm staying in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I'd use 2 18350s [900mah] in my coolfire II and the 18650 [2200mah] in the evic would still have loads of life in it for the same usage

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BretCartiers

CSU wrote: »

It is safe in my opinion.. My friend is using similar charger with new system without any issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

DO NOT TRY AND CHARGE VIA THE EGO CHARGER !
    The coolfire is not designed to charge via a 510 or any other screw on charger,the battery must be removed and charged with the provided charger or one designed for charging the 18350s .
    If its an issue get a 2nd or 3rd battery and carry them with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

The Joyetech Mega Charger is handy enough to carry around.

Advertisement