Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor clothing alterations on the northside.

Options
  • 03-06-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

I need someone to sew some belt loops on a few pairs of capri pants. Even though I am willing to supply the fabric for the loops, my local alterations place wants 12 to 20 euros per item. That seems a bit steep, for such a small job.

Does anyone know of an alterations place, or the name of a good dressmaker/tailor who would do something like that for less? City Centre or northside preferably. Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I need someone to sew some belt loops on a few pairs of capri pants. Even though I am willing to supply the fabric for the loops, my local alterations place wants 12 to 20 euros per item. That seems a bit steep, for such a small job.

Does anyone know of an alterations place, or the name of a good dressmaker/tailor who would do something like that for less? City Centre or northside preferably. Ta.

If you look up Gannon Craft on Facebook she is a lady I use all the time for alterations. She is based in Clongriffin in Dublin 13 (don't know if that's convenient or not). She is very reasonable and quick and reliable). If you can't find it, pm me and I can give you her number

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

Theres a girl in phibsboro beside the bakery. Her name is Sandra. She's brilliant. Doing a dress for me at the moment. Her number is 0857619541.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

slarkin123 wrote: »
    Theres a girl in phibsboro beside the bakery. Her name is Sandra. She's brilliant. Doing a dress for me at the moment. Her number is 0857619541.

Thanks - Ive been looking for some one in Phibsboro to take in two dresses. How much is your alteration costing so ive a ball park figure

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

snowey07 wrote: »
    Thanks - Ive been looking for some one in Phibsboro to take in two dresses. How much is your alteration costing so ive a ball park figure

I got a fair bit done, she let out the waist and hips on a layered dress and took off the train. 45 for the lot. I thought it was very reasonable. I had to get a waist taken in for my daughter and a slight hem and that cost me 60 elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Thanks for the tips folks. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement