Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to get passport back from the US Embassy?

Options
  • 03-06-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

(Popping this in a new thread)

I'll be heading back to the Old Country for a couple of weeks later this month.
    I need to get my L-1 renewed while I'm there.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your passport back from the embassy?
    Is there any way to get it sped up if you have return flights booked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

It usually depends on the time of year and how busy they are. I've never had to wait more than 5 business days. Whenever I go home I try to schedule my appointment for the first day so then I have 2 weeks to wait for it. You can always check the Visa Appointment & Processing Wait Times page for a more accurate idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonny_D

Things have changed since I last applied. All done on-line now.
    However, it's telling me that I need to bring my 2 kids with my for the interview for the via renewal - I didn't need to bring them for the first interview.

I hope this is incorrect....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

How old are the kids? Embassy website suggests children under 14 don't need to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonny_D

How old are the kids? Embassy website suggests children under 14 don't need to attend.

Yeah, saw that.
    However, after filling out the online appointment scheduling thingy, it tells me I do need to bring them.

Advertisement