Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

single parent

Options
  • 03-06-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

hey im just looking for some advice after reading a thread from someone here ,im a man and im a parent with 2 kids ,i have shared custody but short 3 hours to be accepted by the socail welfare to get anything like child benefit or childrens allowance so im living off 150 a week and trying to support 2 kids,having worked since i was 17 till up too a few years ago when i went to court and made sure i got the kids and enough time with them as i believe its important ,is there any advice anyone can give me here in relation to anything i can claim back im struggling alot like most but not sure where to go because ive managed ,but as the kids are a few years older its tough so any advice would be great or knowledge on help i can get thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mod

Moved from After Hours

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You post is a bit unclear.

"having worked since i was 17 till up too a few years ago when i went to court and made sure i got the kids and enough time with them as i believe its important"

Did you need to give up work to spend time with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

yes i gave up work as it was night s and i just could nt function properly

Advertisement