Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Joe Joyce

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Didn't I bate you......A din in it....and ya cried into me face.....begged for me....hadonnel. ...ah can't take no more...

Till the 16th ah March. ..TILL I BUST YOUR FACE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Its all cause of the vigdeos that Jamaican :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

HE IS THE BOSS OF ALL MEN

1+1+4-3=2 You were shíttin in the bucket for a whole two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

HE IS THE BOSS OF ALL MEN

:)

Very Large Valuev n all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Your head is all swelled and innocent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

It's all part of their culture, so it's alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

A little off topic, but.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Traveller Thread, my bet is 6 pages and ''Thread Closed'' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Valuev is a big lad, eh? I bet he never smoked as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Tokarev

I travelled a few places around the world.

But the best place is good aul Ireland.

I love home.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/325/9/3/big_joes_davy_joyce_by_shotakotake-d4gufxm.jpg

Check this drawing out. Its class..Someone has a lot of time on their hands, The Simey/Davy Joe videos have turned those lads into internet super stars...Shíte in the bucket, Thats it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

2.25 - 2.40 pure gold :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I would have loved to have seen Big Joe Joyce fight Conor McGregor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

We're talking about the bareknuckle guys here.

Like I said they can box but trained boxers they ain't.

But you can see the attraction ........ if you want a bit of rough, girls

http://www.petpalacez.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/boxer-dogsboxer-information-and-pictures-boxers-wr4vpfmo.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

These lads are hilarious. They got a response too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Thelonious wrote: »

How does this man not have a Wikipedia page?

It'll be a sad day for Wikipedia the second Not-so-Big Joe Joyce has a page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

Racist thread is racist, they're people too you know

• Advertisement

urabell wrote: »
    Racist thread is racist, they're people too you know

First, Travellers are not a "race" - it's a way of life.

Second, they are people, you're right, and I'm glad we all learned something of novel intrinsic value tonight.

Third, whether or not they identify as part of a community is their own choice, but if anyone goes to YouTube to instigate violence then they're worthy of condemnation.

Second, they are people, you're right, and I'm glad we all learned something of novel intrinsic value tonight.

Third, whether or not they identify as part of a community is their own choice, but if anyone goes to YouTube to instigate violence then they're worthy of condemnation.

First,
    race
    reɪs/
    noun
    noun: race; plural noun: racesa group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.

Second, getting clever with someone only works if your first point isn't completely wrong.

Third, part of a long standing cultural tradition and it doesn't effect me so I try not to judge.

First,
    race
    reɪs/
    noun
    noun: race; plural noun: racesa group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.

Second, getting clever with someone only works if your first point isn't completely wrong.

Third, part of a long standing cultural tradition and it doesn't effect me so I try not to judge.

They share the same history, culture, and language as the rest of the Irish people, didn't you know? I can certainly recognise calling them a minority group in society but going so far as differentiating themselves from the rest of the Irish people as a distinct "race" is beyond nonsense.

So I infer from your last point that given that female genital mutilation is part of the cultural tradition of parts of sub-Saharan Africa, then you approve of it? Since when did using YouTube become a "long standing cultural tradition" by the way?

Moreover, you're saying that if a non-Traveller were to engage in this type of hatred then it would be bad, but if a person who self-identifies as a Traveller, then it's kosher.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

First,
    race
    reɪs/
    noun

If we're going to be pedantic about things, how exactly is this thread racist? Does it display prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism against the travelling community, or against a few people who like to punch each other in the head? As far as I can see, it's been limited to the later.

Getting clever with someone only works if your first point isn't completely wrong etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

People who actually understand this issue disagree with you.

Ethnicity/Race/Who cares, they have a distinct culture, history and identity to the settled community.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/oireachtas-group-calls-on-state-to-recognise-traveller-ethnicity-1.1765065

If we're going to be pedantic about things, how exactly is this thread racist? Does it display prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism against the travelling community, or against a few people who like to punch each other in the head? As far as I can see, it's been limited to the later.

Getting clever with someone only works if your first point isn't completely wrong etc...

Your word so I'm going to assume you know it's definition.

Your word so I'm going to assume you know it's definition.

I do. And I ask the question again - has that ire and antagonism been directed at the travelling community or at some people who like to break the law by wilfully punching each other in the head - specifically Joe Joyce?

Criticising the behaviour of a minority travellers who choose to engage in illegal activities is no more racist than criticising the minority of Muslims or Chechens that choose to blow people up.

Seaneh wrote: »
    People who actually understand this issue disagree with you.

Ethnicity/Race/Who cares, they have a distinct culture, history and identity to the settled community.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/oireachtas-group-calls-on-state-to-recognise-traveller-ethnicity-1.1765065

People keep using these words, "distinct culture, history and identity", can you please tell me what, in real terms, this actually means?

It's nice and poetic and would fit neatly into a stanza, but provide more substantial evidence of this because it doesn't appear too readily to my eyes.

I do. And I ask the question again - has that ire and antagonism been directed at the travelling community or at some people who like to break the law by wilfully punching each other in the head - specifically Joe Joyce?

Read through the thread again, take note of all the posts about people other than Joe Joyce, then when you've a grasp on the situation I'll deal with any points you might like to make.

CrinkElite wrote: »

These lads are hilarious. They got a response too.

Davy Joe comes out with a classic in this..:cool::cool:

• Advertisement

Read through the thread again, take note of all the posts about people other than Joe Joyce, then when you've a grasp on the situation I'll deal with any points you might like to make.

Most seem to be quoting or paraphrasing bare-knuckle boxers who post videos on Youtube. A minority may have gone further than that, does that automatically make the thread racist? I don't believe it does.

KilOit wrote: »
    Dumber than a bag of rocks, who wants to learn about that?

Insult
    Birneybau wrote: »
    Pretty easy to start a Wich-o-pedia page there yourself boss.

Impersonating their unique dialect
    Our Year wrote: »
    He is a legend.
    I'd still fight him though, and I'd bate him.

Threats of violence

desultory wrote: »
    I'd love to see half of those eejits fight a proper boxer, just to see them get the shíte knocked out of them thinking that they're hardy.

Ignoring the proud sporting tradition of the travelling community.
    That's a nice dag ya have der boss,

AND

It's gone.

Suggesting that they steal without proof, more impersonation
    Vermin

Res ipsa loquiter
    Most seem to be quoting or paraphrasing bare-knuckle boxers who post videos on Youtube. A minority may have gone further than that, does that automatically make the thread racist? I don't believe it does.

Tell me again this thread isn't racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Urabell if you have a problem with a post report it to the mods. Please don't derail the thread.

Oh look a traveller video nobody had posted yet, because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Oh look a traveller video nobody had posted yet, because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Are you a Traveller yourself or something? You get remarkably defensive at the slightest disagreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Urabell alright.

Are you a Traveller yourself or something? You get remarkably defensive at the slightest disagreement.

No, but if I was I'd be reluctant to tell anyone here.

Insult

Insulting to Joe Joyce - not racist

I wouldn't consider this to be unique, sounds like a lot of country accents to me, but I'm from Dublin so I'll give you this one I guess.

Threats of violence

Threats of violence against Joe Joyce - not racist

Aka illegal activity. Also it's a fair point, pro fighters would beat the crap out of them IMO - not racist

I'll give you this one.

Res ipsa loquiter

Calling people who clearly engage in illegal activity vermin isn't racist. It's directed at Joyce and his ilk again - not racist

This thread isn't racist.

This isn't thread about travelers. It's about Joe Joyce and the bare knuckle boxing scene.

• Advertisement

Insult

Insulting to Joe Joyce - not racist

Why is he being called stupid? Because of his culture and his unique brogue, racial characteristics

I wouldn't consider this to be unique, sounds like a lot of country accents to me, but I'm from Dublin so I'll give you this one I guess.

So am I, I know what a traveller sounds like and so do you I assume that's why you gave me that point

Threats of violence

Threats of violence against Joe Joyce - not racist

If we ignore the reason forthe threats then yeah it's not racist, but aren't the alleged threats made by Mr Joyce on video the reason you think this thread is ok?

Aka illegal activity. Also it's a fair point, pro fighters would beat the crap out of them IMO - not racist

Many travellers are pros or ex pros.

I'll give you this one.

You have too

Res ipsa loquiter

Calling people who clearly engage in illegal activity vermin is racist. It's directed at Joyce and his ilk again - not racist

His 'ilk' being the travelling community, the criminal activity alleged

Racist thread, which admittedly would be ok in my eyes if you'd just admit it

Racist thread, which admittedly would be ok in my eyes if you'd just admit it

PC culture at its worst - resulting in massive deflections from the real issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is that the guy who comes in with the hurl? Definitely my favourite Joyce, he has the best lines!
    1m 18s for people who can't be arsed listening the the rest of the shíte

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

It has to be tiring being hurl-man.

He just seems constantly wound-up and aggressive with his pacing around. You'd be wrecked going around like that the whole time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

It has to be tiring being hurl-man.

He just seems constantly wound-up and aggressive with his pacing around. You'd be wrecked going around like that the whole time :(

With such highs of emotion must also come with such lows..:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

Studies have shown (apparently) that travellers have a lower life expectancy than the settled community. Looking at these clowns that comes as a bit of a relief! Culture my arse! Downright thuggery without consequence!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

How do travellers like Joyce not get arrested for publicly threatening each other with violence?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

SPM1959 wrote: »
    How do travellers like Joyce not get arrested for publicly threatening each other with violence?

Why do Loyalist not get arrested for wrecking the North one month of the year? Same reason. Culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

No, just pointing out that they're not half as tough as they make out. Get down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Travellers don't get sarcasm do they?

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Travellers don't get sarcasm do they?

In fairness, I think that video is just a bit of fun.

EDIT: Just want to reiterate, this thread is about bare knuckle boxing.
    Please don't make sweeping generalised statements about a community based on the actions of a few families.

• Advertisement
Advertisement